Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quick Doctor Update :)

After a couple of recommendations and one doctor not taking my health insurance, and the one Jacob recommended leaving the clinical practice last Friday do do hospital only care, I have a GI doc appointment August 2 at 1:15.  I asked the receptionist who she would go to of the three doctors in the office if she had a really rare disease and weird body and needed someone that would be willing to listen and communicate with other doctors...so I have an appointment with the one she recommended.  :)  I looked up his bio on his website and it says he likes football, so I'm wearing a Bears shirt to my first appointment...hopefully he's not a Packers fan!  ;) 

Please pray:

1) That I would be able to get all the correct records together and to the office before the appointment.
2) That I would be able to communicate clearly, succinctly, and graciously, while still advocating for my health--after all with it being my body, I have a pretty big investment. ;)
3) That the doctor would listen and be willing to coordinate care and work with the other doctors currently seeing me so that I get the best possible care and no pieces to the puzzle go missing.
4) That we would do the right tests first and get results quickly so that we can get the right treatment sooner rather than later.
5) That Jordan and I would be able to weigh the information and make wise choices on what tests/procedures/treatments to pursue, wait on, or refuse.  
6) That we would remember the One who is the Great Physician and in COMPLETE and sovereign control over every single cell in my body.  :)   


Thanks for following my story as God unfolds it each and every day.  Looking forward to the future that He has for me and pray that I might redeem the time He has given me the way He wants me to...I am in the process of listening to a message from the 2005 Resolved conference (discovered some gems There!) by Steve Lawson (The Use of Your Time) and these words stung my soul: "Don't waste your time because you will end up wasting your life."  May I run hard after Him every second of every day! 

For His Glory,
Rachelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment