Thursday, July 12, 2012

Prayer Request :)

Hey everyone,
     I can't go into all of the details but would like you all to be praying for me. :)  Everything is ok, but the Levaquin/benadryl that I took before finally landing on the Zosyn IV at home to get rid of my Pseudomonas infection has begun a little of what happend in December of 2010.  It is really early and this time around we know what to look for.  I am still sleeping well at night etc, but have absolutely zero focus right now.  For example, yesterday I knew Hilarie was going to pick me up at 1pm to get some last minute things for my sister's bridal shower this weekend (and NO Jenny I'm STILL not telling you what I got you!) and needed to do my treatments, put away some laundry (which Jord specifically asked me to do), take a shower, and get ready.  Easy enough, right? 

     Well, I woke up at 8 and when Hilarie got there at one I had barely finished one set of treatments, just taken all of my "morning" vitamins, skipped the shower, threw on a dress because I didn't have any clean shorts (nope, laundry definitely did NOT get done...) and headed out the door.  Was having fun with Hilaire and company at Hobby Lobby then all of a sudden got dizzy and light headed because I hadn't eaten anything but toast all day.  Not good.  Not me.  When I am sick, I will typically do extra sets of treatments, get lots of rest, stay on top of doctor stuff etc. 

     I have earned myself a trip to see the Psychiatrist I saw in 2010 tomorrow morning at 9am.  I saw my ENT in Tucson this afternoon and am staying at my Mom's.  Jordan is going to come down tomorrow after work and then we are, Lord willing, heading home Saturday night, contingent on what the Psychiatrist says tomorrow. 

Please Pray:

1) That Jord and I's hearts would trust His sovereign, gracious, loving hand through all of this remembering that He has not left us and that although it feels like life is spinning out of control, He is on His throne.  (Smallgroup: LOVE having the picture of God's throne in my head...DRob your picture is the one I see everytime I think about that study! Revelation 4 & 5)

2) Wisdom for the docs! 

3) That I wouldn't have to go on all the "yucky" meds that made me "flatline" and sleep for 15 hours a day...I know I'm not as bad so I shouldn't need as much, but I really don't want any more drugs at this point. However, I do recognize that I may need them and that I would trust Him through it all, knowing that His ways are higher than ours! (Isaiah 55)

4) As always, no matter what happens, Jordan and I long to glorify Him in the midst of this "fiery trial".  He is refining us to be more like Jesus and we are thankful for the trials.  That can be difficult to say, let alone truly believe but I know it is true.  God uses trials to draw us closer to Himself. 

5) Pray for Jord, my family and friends...the memories and "flashbacks" can be very painful...pray that the pain would drive us all to the cross of Christ--where our only hope can be found!

In Jesus Name, BECAUSE of Jesus,
Rachelle :)

P.S. ~Stories to come on God's amazing grace in the midst of trials where your flesh, mind, and body are weak, but His Spirit is strong...I understand 2 Corinthians 12:10 a whole lot better now..."when I am weak, then I am strong".  Seeing a pattern in my life...when I am physically well, I'm not as spiritually strong but when I am weakest physically, by His grace that is when I am constantly in His Word and truly praying without ceasing (Philippians 4). :)   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment