Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!! :)

Dena and I were driving home from my doctor appointment yesterday (which went very well and I'll give that update a little later!) and you could see the "Phoenix haze"...the weather said it was supposed to rain and we both said, "that would be really nice to get some clean air and cool the weather down!"  God answered our wish...I awoke (at 9:40!!!!!!) to a cloud covered sky and rain drizzling.  The temperature hadn't even hit 80 at 2 (and I have a picture to prove it!)...AND Jordan has the day off...AND my fever broke yesterday afternoon and has yet to return so although I'm low on energy and trying to be good and rest well (with lots of reminders from my sweet hubby!), Jordan and I went to the car dealership where he works and drove with the windows down and then went to lunch with Fabian.  (Missing the rest of the Leija clan!!!!!!!  But so thankful you are all doing well...praying for you...and can't wait to get better and come visit!) :) :) :) :)  Such sweet and precious gifts from my sweet Savior!

First, want to take the time to say a HUGE thank you to all of the men and women who protect our country!!  There are lots of special people in my life (and I'll try and list most of you but with the way my scattered brain is thinking right now, don't feel bad if I "forget" you because God sees and knows your service and sacrifice for our country!!!!!) who have sacrificed so much to give me so many freedoms that I (too) often take for granted.

The first person that always comes to my mind is Uncle Mark.

 
This picture probably brings back lots of memories for lots of people (need I say Red Lobster and a boat?????).  That sentence alone will send my Mom, me and Aunt Netta rolling laughing.  But again, that's another story for another day...I probably really should write that book I've been told to write so many times...I've got lots of stories I love to tell.  :)  Anyway, back to Uncle Mark.  He has been a friend of the family for many years before I was a "twinkle in my parent's eyes" as they say.  He has been much more than an Uncle over the years...he has been like a second (or third or fourth or fifth) Dad...God has blessed me with many amazing "Father figures" in my life over the years.  This was at his graduation to Lt. Colonel (I think...correct me if I'm wrong, but I know he's that now so I can't be too far off!) in Leavenworth, KS.  He has served our country well and made many sacrifices over the years.  He is a very humble man, so probably hates that I'm doing this, but I just wanted the world to know and recognize your service Uncle Mark, and to say thank you in as many ways as possible!  Besides, you put up with me when I was "crazy" in December of 2010 so you (and everyone else who was there for that lovely Prednisone Steroid Induced Psychosis...that story coming soon!) deserves a lot more than a simple thank you.  Love you lots!!!!!!!

The next person that comes to mind is my sisters' fiance, Kyle Campbell.  


This was the first Christmas he was "overwhelmed" by our family...ok you probably weren't overwhelmed but we can definitely bring a lot at you all at once...so I know you REALLY love my sister!!  :)  My brother, Justin, is in the background. (My sister and I learned a long time ago that for "some reason" boys love to make faces and "ruin" pictures....they just didn't know when they were making those faces it might end up on my blog...so the warning has been shared, but any pictures I already have are fair game....and lets just say I have some FANTASTIC pictures.)  ;)  Justin and Kyle were friends first and so Jen and him didn't date when they first met, but they are absolutely perfect for each other.  Kyle, I've told you before, but just want to tell you publicly, THANK YOU for 1) making my sister happier than I have ever seen her and 2) serving our country!  Jen, I know the next couple of years will have at least one deployment and we will all get to experience in a lot more personal way the sacrifice that so many families around the world make on a daily basis to protect the freedoms we so readily enjoy...including the ultimate gift of giving their lives.

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends."

While men and women around the world are making sacrifices to keep us and their families safe and while families are grieving the loss of their loved ones who gave the ultimate gift, lets remember and honor those sacrifices as we BBQ with our families and take a moment to stop, remember, and pray for those that can't do the same with theirs today.

Third, my Dad, Lowell Morgan.  

  His emergency appendectomy went well and he is currently recovering at the VA hospital in Tucson.  We've had a bit of a "rough" relationship over the years, but I'm happy to say all that has been forgiven, and we have begun again.  Praising God for new beginnings, Dad!!!  Thankful for your service to our country and looking forward to seeing where God takes our relationship in the future!  :)

Del Smith, Caleb Smith, Steve Bard, Kelly and Jettie Tolbert, Vanessa and her family, Rob at Sullivan's, Caleb and Brianna Smith, and so many others that I know I am forgetting but please accept my sincere thanks for the freedoms that I have!!  :)  

While men and women have given their lives to keep our country safe and free, Jesus gave His life in our place to pay a debt we could not pay.  You might notice that somehow I always end up at the cross of Christ or at Jesus feet.  That is because He is my life.  Not just part of my life, but the very reason I (and all of you) are breathing this very second.  I know you may not all agree and I respect that and will be praying for you!  (I have lots of prayer time thanks to my hour long breathing treatments three times a day!)  I hope you stick around to not only learn about PCD and what its truly like to live with a chronic disease, but so that I can share my life experiences with you.  Many who know me can testify that I love nothing more than to serve and encourage others...it truly is my heart's desire and one of my greatest passions to help those who are hurting (physically or emotionally) and love them with the love of Jesus, knowing that He is the Author and Finisher of our faith and the One in whom all hope is found.      

And now for the quick doctor update:

I saw my naturopath and he gave me a supplement to help my large intestines since with all the antibiotics and possible bacterial overgrowth (which makes total sense because I have basically lived on antibiotics my entire life) it will help reduce the inflammation and heal the walls of the intestines.  He said it should help with the fever and literally right after I took the first dose is when my fever went away and has yet to return.  :)  All the glory to God!!!  :)

I have a referral for a GI doc and waiting on a couple other referrals and for my ENT to get back to me on whether or not he can help with the thyroid issues.  Pray that I would continue to wait on Him, that He would guide me to the right doctors in a timely fashion, that they would listen and be willing to communicate with the docs in NC, know the right tests, and get me the right treatment so that I can serve Him as best as I possibly can until He comes back or takes me home.  :)  

Pray for my sweet hubby.  The hyper-thyroid is especially difficult for him because it reminds him so much of what happened in Dec of 2010.  And yes, that story REALLY is coming soon...I have an 8 page long version so debating on whether to break it up into a series or just post the whole thing on here at once.  :)  Any advice bloggers? I know as a reader, I hated the suspense, but as the writer, it could be kind of fun...so we'll see what God leads me to do!  :)  (comments welcome!)  

In the Love of the Lamb,
Rachelle :)   


2 comments:

  1. I love how you have paid tribute to honor soldiers, veterans and men and women serving our country. People fail to remember that having a bbq or watching fireworks on one patriotic day sometimes is not sufficient tribute. Those sacrifices that they make require everyday prayer and well wishes on days beyond the said patriotic days. Thanks again for paying tribute and recognizing those around you!
    I love reading your words as they pour out of your soul like an ever flowing waterfall. It is truly a beautiful thing.
    You may just inspire me to start a blog someday! HUGS AND PRAYERS SENT YOUR WAY!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs and prayers right back! Writing has always helped me process everything and God has given me a gift for it...didn't realize how helpful a blog would be for me! :) Love that something that I love and helps me in turn helps others...only God can orchestrate that!! :) Love you friend!!

      Delete