Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Prayer Requests for Tests

Hey everyone! So tonight transport is scheduled to take me to get the CT of my lungs and they added my sinuse while I'm here at 10. Tomorrow morning we'll repeat the PFT's and if they are improving, Dr. Solomon said he'd be ok letting me go home. So pray that my CT looks good and that my PFT's improve and God will work out all the logistics. I got a call earlier this afternoon right before 4 saying a medical supply company would be delivering things to the house tonight and then Dr. Solomon came in and I asked if he was discharing me anyway cause home health stuff was on the way and he said nothing had changed on his end and that they shouldn't be sending stuff so we thought it might be my new lung machine I just got financial aide approved for that is the same as the hospital IPV that gets medication deeper into your lungs and just works so much better than just my vest. Anyway, long story short, Jord called and it is my IV medication which is really weird, because every other time I have to wait to be discharged til we know the delivery is on its way or has a time because it's hard to not miss doses. The nice thing is that it's all there so as soon as I do PFT's in the morning which will probably be around 9ish and then the physician assistant usually comes by in the morning to check on me and then Dr. Solomon comes back--he came around 11ish the first day so anyway, just pray for all the logistics and moving pieces to come together so I can, Lord willing, go home tomorrow. My mucus is much better today and I feel like I'm starting to turn the corner, but I also feel like I might be getting thrush and a yeast infection even though I tripled up on probiotics and been drinking Kombucha and staying away from sugar...4.5 grams of Zosyn every 6 hours run over four hours is just hard on your body--there's been times where with timing and shift change etc I end up finishing up a dose and then starting the next one without the two hour break in between. The other thing is that it didn't come in the medication balls so I'll be hooked up to an IV pole for 4 hours at a time at home which will make things a bit more interesting. I have a friend who had to be on IV antibiotics continuously for three years a few years ago and she had a lot of tricks, like hanging the IV bag from a hook in the truck and such so we'll figure it out cause I'll have doctors appointments and things I have to do so I'll have to get creative. I think in a way it's good, because it will also force me to take things a whole lot slower which will be good for me. :) Thanks for all your prayers, encouragement, and support! God has continued to amaze me throughout this hospital stay and I'm so thankful to Him for all the ways He has shown me He trul is Emmanuel, God WITH me! For the King! Rachelle P.S. The last picture is from my first mastoidectomy (5 1/2 hour ear surgery that took 80% of my hearing in that ear) when I was 9. I still have Snuffy and the pajamas I'm wearing the picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment