Thursday, May 4, 2023

Enjoyed my First Day Home!

There truly is no place like home! The sleep schedule is rough, but I'm thankful to be in my own bed next to my husband and with my puppies. Blue won't let me out of her sight lol. i've enjoyed watering plants and making dinner in the Instant pot and walkng Blue during the couple hours between my infusions today and I also got a three hour nap. I accidentally grew a willow tree over this last year. I was in a group on Facebook called Huntsville plant ladies and they have a wish Wednesday and I wished for lilies because that was the first flower Jord gave me. I got what I thought was three lilies from this lady over in Madison, and towards the end of the summer last summer, I could tell that it wasn't the same as the others. I almost pulled up multiple times, but Jord was like let's see what it turns into. there is a sweet family at church that we are close to who is in our community group and Travis is an arborist and supports his family of 9 kiddos with Payton Tree Service. I texted his wife, Laurie, a picture of the tree and asked what it was and turns out its a willow tree! Willow trees are one of my mom's Favorites, so that is super fun. Mom and Dad T also gave us a couple of pine trees and apparently they're Norway pines which can get really big. Travis stopped by today to show us where to plant them. He helped us last year before we hot our fence up to level out the backyard and clean things out and he saved our tree out front. Whoever our builder for our nrighborhood has planting the trees planted ir too deep and it was dying. Travis dug it up and re-planted it and it's doing wonderful. The pictures of our tree versus our neighbors trees tell all you need to know. If you are in the North Alabama area, he does incredible work! Hop on over to https://www.paytontreeservice.com/ if you need tree work! Plus you are supporting a fellow family in Christ who truly glorifies the Lord with their lives. Laurie told me they have a saying, "God always provides and sometimes He uses your paycheck." It has been so encouraging (and convicting!) to my heart to watch how they trust the Lord through lean times with the business. We love their family so much--the 4 boys came over and helped Jord get caught up on yard work a couple weeks ago and their younger girls are precious and melt my heart! Hannah, their 16 year old daughter reminds me so much of me at her age--she rides horses and loves animals and volunteers at a local ranch, Victory Alliance Ranch, which is dedicated to helping veterans with disabilities and PTSD as well as children with disabilities. Karen, the owner, has graciously agreed to let me come whenever I can to be around horses and Im defity looking forward to that!! This post turned into more than I thought it was going to be...I took a few rabbit trails lol!  The medicine still makes me feel pretty yucky but Im feeling SO much better being home!! Enjoy some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment