Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Blast From the Past

God continues to amaze me during this hospital stay I'm really tired so I'm not gonna write much but I'm getting a CT scan to make sure the fungus isn't causing any damage just to be on the safe side and then the earliest I'll be out is probably Thursday or Friday so I should know more in a day or two depending on what my PFT's do. I went on a walk to the children's area because it's so much more fun to walk over there because it's colorful and pretty and long story short. I was coming back and a girl in front of me had a tattoo on her elbow and then it I was trying to read it. They were about to turn to leave the hospital and I was about to turn to go back up to my room and I just asked what is your tattoo say and she looked up and was like Rachelle?! It was a long time family friend, Robyn, who I've known since I was 13!!! My Aunt's ex-husband was Army Ranger battle buddies with her stepdad, my uncle Frank. She came out to see me when I first got Buddy in 1997 and then we visited Alabama and visited her in 2001, the summer between my junior and senior year in high school and that was the last time I saw her in person. This hospital is over seven city blocks and I accidentally walked 6 miles on Saturday... of the thousands of people here I "just happened" to be walking behind her. God is so amazing and I'm so thankful we reconnected! My nurse today, Krista, is a beand new believer and hungry for the Word and she hasnt heard of Spurgeon, Joni, MacArthur, or Piper. While I'm bummed I didnt get to go home and I miss Jord and my puppies something fierce, He continues to give me sweet gifts of encouragement and give ne glimpses of why He still wants me here! Our Savior is so precious and kind. Enjoy some pics from my morning walk through Children's!

No comments:

Post a Comment