Wednesday, April 26, 2023

We Have a Plan!

so the pulmonary nurse practitioner and Dr were just here and the pulmonary nurse practitioner sat down with the Allergy nurse practitioner and Allergy doctors and had a really long conversation about me this morning. Long story short, I don't technically qualify for desensitization because I don't have anaphylactic reactions I have more delayed allergic reactions. So they are not going to put me in ICU but they are going to choose Zosyn and start me on a lower dose over a longer period of time and watch me very closely. My past reactions to Zosyn are my liver functions going through the roof with a full dose over 30 minutes and also starting to itch from the inside out and then my blood pressure going up after being on it for a while. This was the drug I reacted to in the hospital in 2018 when grandma died, and I was mismanaged. This visit in this hospital are completely different. I have the upmost confidence and trust in the team here and they listen and they are going to watch me closely and ultimately I know my hope and trust is in my savior Jesus and He is carrying me through this every step of the way. There is such a peace that truly transcends all understanding when our hope and trust is in the God of the universe and He has truly sent so many wonderful people to care for me here at UAB. The journey is really just beginning today and I don't know what the future holds, but I do know the One who holds the future and He is trustworthy! In His Mighty Grip, Rachelle

1 comment: