Tuesday, April 25, 2023

First Night…Check ✅

Hello telemetry…sleeping with it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. 💜

The many vials of blood 🩸 

This is my barely awake doing breathing treatment at who knows what time it is face lol 

Oh, it’s quarter to 1 for breathing treatments lol 😂 

 So I fell asleep when I first got here after Jord left for about an hour and then woke up to them, wanting to do an EKG. I was out of it because I was sound asleep, but then the pulmonary nurse practitioner came in, and my room was hopping with people.  That was about 930. I think I didn’t get to sleep until midnight, and then I was interrupted sleep from there.

They took a ton of vials of blood and also I was on telemetry overnight, mostly to monitor my oxygen level, not my heart, but I had to have the whole shebang.  So getting to sleep with a little bit of a challenge, but I figured it out with all my pillows I brought and actually slept pretty good for the hospital until 5 o’clock this morning.  As usual the staff here continues to amaze me and I’m so thankful for the care I get here at UAB… it is literally a night and day difference from any of my care in the past. 


They were able to give me Tylenol and then a lidocaine patch for my lungs, and while my joints are still hurting that was part of the many vials of blood to try to figure out what’s going on there.  Once they have a discharge to the pulmonary floor on the sixth floor, they’ll move me down there and get an allergy doctor on board this morning to set up the desensitization process and then they’ll move me to the MICU for 12 to 16 hours to do the actual desensitization and then as long as everything goes well I’ll go back to the sixth floor.  They also have a sign on my door for family and friends to see the nurse before visiting so they have extra respiratory precautions right now because I’m so sick so I’m going to find out what that means and what that looks like.  I know I can still have visitors but it may restrict kids for a bit  until I get feeling a little better. 


To add a little adventure to Jord‘s morning the German Shepherd from next-door somehow got through the invisible fence and was in our yard again lol! He’s half  husky half German Shepherd, and is very adventurous and very intelligent but he’s super sweet too.  Our neighbor is very responsive and can’t believe he got through the invisible fence. We have no idea how it happened either… but it just goes to show you. Dogs are extremely intelligent and figure things out lol! 😂


Once things get going this morning, I probably won’t have much time to update as people will be in and out of my room all day.  I’ll try to keep y’all updated as best as possible. Thank you for your love prayers and support. We couldn’t do this alone.  


I’m thankful that my God is Emmanuel—God with me!!

For His Glory Alone!

Rachelle 💜 



No comments:

Post a Comment