Tuesday, April 18, 2023

New Morning Mercies

 I realized yesterday after I sent out a million texts and posted on Facebook that I had downloaded an app for my blog on my phone awhile back so doing a quick update. 


My lung doc is currently trying to figure out which IV antibiotics to try. I just spoke with the nurse coordinator and the one he asked about actually caused my very first vestibular injury back in 2013 but I suggested Cefepime as I’ve been successfully desensitized to that in 2016 and 2017.  That would mean I would be admitted to the ICU and we’d do a process that essentially tricks my body into thinking it’s not allergic to the medication.  I’ve done that 3 times and my body is never a fan of that and I’m not sure how I will respond with all the vestibular stuff going on right now.  All three times, my liver freaked out and my LFT’s (liver function tests) shot through the roof and I had to have ultrasounds and watch that closely to prevent permanent liver damage.  I will likely need IV Ativan for the nausea which I hate taking cause of the short term memory loss but at this point I’m waving the white flag and Ativan sleep sounds blissful right now. My mucus is thicker and greener again this morning, so although we are between a rock and a hard place, the Lord knows every single cell in my body and He goes before us and hedges us in from behind and He is worthy of our trust.  


I’m incredibly grateful for Dr Solomon and the clinic at UAB—I have complete trust in him and his team and know they will do their very best to keep me safe and kick this infection and get me on the road to recovery. 


I also am continually brought to tears when I think of our incredible church family who are ready at the drop of a hat to come alongside, not only me, but Jord and his parents (who are moving right now!), and support us however they can! Every Sunday is truly a foretaste of heaven and all the glories we will One Day enjoy when Christ comes back our calls me home—and until That Day, by God’s grace and in HIS strength, I press on and simply cling to the cross of my mighty Savior who tenderly shepherds us and calls me to “do the next thing” as Elisabeth Elliot and Joni Eareckson Tada exemplified and exemplify so well. 


2 Corinthians 12:7-10 and 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 and Isaiah 40-43, and Romans 5-8 are chapters Im meditating on and my sweet friend, Faith McAteer, has recorded for me on Marco Polo. 


To God be the Glory Great Things He hath Done!


In my Savior’s Mighty Grip,

Rachelle 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment