Friday, April 28, 2023

Exhausted Phase

I almost went to bed without an update, but just wanted to hop on to give you guys a quick one. I'm still in the feel worse before you feel better face, and each dose of IV exhausts me. That combined with the fact that my mucus is starting to move so every breathing treatment is also exhausting. I'm still walking quite a bit and then napping. I got about an hour nap this morning, and then a two hour nap this afternoon which is quite a feat in the hospital. I also had more blessing encounters with people today. UAB celebrated 20,000 robotic surgeries today at 10 o'clock and had a bunch of robotics equipment downstairs along with a host of people from surgeons to nurses to techs 10 to administrators. I was standing next to a lady and just said it's amazing what can be done now...I stopped counting at over 30 surgeries 15 years ago and we struck up a conversation. turns out she worked with Dr Conrad who did my hysterectomy last May, and he actually saved her life. Connie, if you're reading this you made my day with your giant hug and I'm so thankful I got to hear your story and that God is not done with either one of us yet! My case manager is also amazing and he was having a rough day today and asked that you would pray for peace for Wes. When he came to talk to me a couple of days ago we talked about trying not to get on our soapbox about insurance companies and all the things that go with healthcare. However, as sanctifying as health insurance can be, I still praise God I live in America and have access to the best healthcare in the world. this is getting longer than I intended and Im falling asleep, so I'm gonna go for now...keep praying for God to be glorified through me! Oh--they have me scheduled for PFT's on Monday (lung function test) and then we'll go from there. In His Mighty Grip, Rachelle P.S. Pray for Candy...shes feeling really rough after chemo yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment