Monday, April 24, 2023

Hospital Day









Good morning everyone! ☀️

You know I’m miserable when I’m waving the white flag and looking forward to morphine and Ativan…I hate taking Ativan because of the short term memory loss and that while it makes you sleep, you don’t get REM sleep so your body doesn’t heal while you sleep. My joint pain is flaring now too…went to bed at 9:30ish and up at 3 in too much pain and nauseous and my head hurts really bad and my “good” right eye feels like it has sandpaper in it waking up. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of stuff going on right now. I’ll answer more specific health questions later but while my eyes last, wanted to answer and clarify a lot of hospital and logistics questions I’ve been asked. 

First, I’m essentially “on call” to be admitted to S6 at UAB starting today. I have been saying ICU because that’s how they did the desensitization in AZ, but because they have a VERY well trained pulmonary floor and take care of people pre and post transplant on the other half of the floor I will be admitted there.  They essentially divide the unit to more healthy patients and then the other side had patients on ventilators and more acute care.  


Being on call means I’m waiting for a call that a room is ready. I honestly don’t expect a call before noon as they have to do discharges, clean the rooms, and do weekend ER admits etc. If the call comes in to late in the day, I’ll wait until Tuesday morning to go down. 


Mom and Dad have their new house inspection walk through today and Mom has an eye appointment and will have her eyes dilated so a friend, Whitney, is taking me down. 


There are a couple of sign ups that local people can be on the lookout for through church:


First there is one that is for day and overnight visitors at UAB. The sign up is so we can spread things out, but if you can come last minute don’t worry about signing up or if someone else has the day you have, I LOVE visitors and with the vertigo it will be helpful cause as a fall risk they probably won’t want me getting out of bed on my own trying to juggle a walker and an IV pole. Also, I checked and Dr Solomon said it’s open visitation which means kids should be welcome. Oh and it’s now optional to wear a mask, praise the Lord! 

Hopefully this link below works…if not it will be on my fb page and in the GCC church fb page. 💜

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c44acad22a1f58-rides#/

Secondly, there will be a meal sign up for the last three weeks in May as I will hopefully be coming home to finish out my IV antibiotics here but I’m guessing I’ll need at least 21 days to really kick this infection. Jord and I are overwhelmed by all the prayers and support we have from this sweet body of believers here at Grace—so thankful for each one of you! And remember when you pray for me, pray twice as much for Jord as watching your spouse suffer is so much harder than being the patient. 


Gonna sign off for now but if you are in the Huntsville area and need a church family, come visit us! 💜


For the King and in His Mighty Grip, 

Rachelle 


No comments:

Post a Comment