Sunday, January 30, 2022

Celebrating being DONE with IV Antibiotics!!!

 Hello all,

  I messaged the doctor's office first thing Friday morning as Jord and I talked Thursday evening and the side effects were just mounting.  My lungs were feeling great and my mucus production was better than my baseline and I was itching more and more even on Allegra and Zyrtec and the dizziness was increasing with each dose of Colistin.  The clinical nurse coordinator called me pretty quickly and said she had talked to Dr. Solomon and that he agreed I could stop a few days early.  I was supposed to go through tomorrow.  I had just finished a dose of Colistin and I hung up the phone and practically ran to the bathroom to deaccess my port lol.  


 I already feel SO much better!!  I still have the vertigo and my eyes are super light sensitive so it will probably be a bit before I can drive at night.  I was able to a friend's house yesterday out on some property and enjoy the outdoors, all bundled up cause it was only 27 degrees, but it was lovely.  We came home, let the dogs out, and the headed to a 60th birthday party for a friend from church.  I was definitely exhausted at the end of the day but it felt so good to not be hooked up to something!  Today I made it to church and wore my sunglasses inside--I had to sit down towards the end of worship as it was overload for my brain and it took a bit for me to be able to focus on the sermon.  My right eye will hurt and I'll get a focal headache right above it from fatigue.  I very much enjoyed every minute and also got some newborn snuggles to boot!  We had lunch with Jord's parents after, took a nap, and then walked the pups together.  It has been a beautiful, joy filled weekend and my heart is full!  Our church continues to amaze us in their love and care for us--they brought us meals for two weeks and then a group of ladies did a freezer meal exchange that I was supposed to do but got sick and they gave us some freezer meals this morning at church.  So blessed!


 Looking down and tilting my head down immediately sends me spinning like crazy, so washing dishes and cooking has been hard.  Thankfully, I was able to wash some dishes and cook Jord eggs with some breaks--it feels so good to be able to do simple things that we so often take for granted.  Turning my head in any direction without also turning my body makes me extra dizzy so I've been slowly working on that to re-train my brain.  Looking to the sides isn't terrible, but looking up and down are still pretty difficult.  I have noticed bits of improvement each day though--I was due for Zofran at 12:30 today and I haven't taken any and I'm not super nauseous!  So thankful for these baby steps!  


We are pretty sure Jord passed his kidney stone, praise the Lord! He has been able to be off pain meds since Wednesday--praising the Lord for this too!  This week we have a couple of doctor's appointments but it will be getting back into a routine as I continue to heal from the side effects.  I would love prayers that I wouldn't over do it as is often my temptation.  I need to set alarms and rest in between so I don't do the famous, "just one more thing" and then all of a sudden crash.  


Also, last weekend, our Pastor spoke at the Truth in Love  conference on Suffering.  He preached on Romans 5:1-5 and it is very encouraging.  Here is the Link to it, "Rejoicing in Suffering"  Other speakers at the conference include John MacArthur, Steve Lawson, and Paul Washer.  I'm looking forward to going back and listening to their sermons too--something to listen to while I rest.  :) 


I'd better sign off for now as my brain is giving me those little warnings of too much focused screen time.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend! 





Mom always decorates so fun!

She's such a great hostess! :) 


I actually took time to curl my hair this morning lol 

Some of my favorite verses....well truth be told all verses are my favorite lol 


So very true!


No comments:

Post a Comment