Saturday, January 22, 2022

Dizziness and Nausea Return at Home

 Hey everyone!

  Just a quick update--I made it home yesterday afternoon and quickly realized that I did indeed have a small vestibular type injury.  My brain quickly got overwhelmed with all the "new" sights and sounds and moving around more than in a tiny hospital room.  I finally gave in and took some zofran last night before bed but I was in bed and it was hard to think/respond to Jord's questions and I even had some slight tremors.  

After sleeping good, I got up to start my IV and make my fizzy and protein shake and then quickly lost the getting sick game so I've taken another Zofran this morning.  I don't like to take it cause it makes my head fuzzy but between that and throwing up, I choose a fuzzy head lol.  


Jord still has not passed the kidney stone and last night he was in a bit of pain as he didn't take the meds soon enough.  I'm getting a very small glimpse into how hard it is to see the one you love so much in pain and there is nothing you can do to help alleviate it.  Even in pain, he still cared for me so well getting me meds, a cool washcloth, helping me to the bathroom as I couldn't walk on my own, unpacking my med box when they got here and so much more.  I will praise Jesus for all eternity for my sweet hubby--he truly is my greatest earthly treasure! I am SO blessed!


Some prayer requests would be that I would use my vestibular rehab coping skills to help my brain adjust sooner rather than later, but that I wouldn't over do it and end up in bed unable to function.  I've also had some continuous pleuritic pain in my right upper lung and shoulder since yesterday mid-morning.  It eases with treatments, but doesn't go away.  


My puppies greeted me very enthusiastically, yet gently.  It's amazing how they can sense that I'm off and even in their excitement were super gentle and just been loving on me.  Even though there's physical challenges, I am SO grateful to be HOME!  

It was so cold yesterday that the water that was running down the rocks froze! It was so pretty! 


Roxy was on one side...

...And Blue was on the other. 

Blue not playing my picture game

Kisses! 

Excited Mom's home!




No comments:

Post a Comment