Sunday, January 16, 2022

Started IV's and off to the Races!

I got the first loading dose of IV colistin yesterday afternoon.  They did double what I will be on every 12 hours and then I get the IV Meropenem every 8 hours and it takes 3 hours to go in.  So far my lips/mouth are numb, I'm lightheaded and my body just feels kind of heavy and I'm a little unsteady on my feet.  The nurse practitioner was in this morning and said to let them know if anything changes or gets worse.  These are typical side effects of the IV colistin--it's just a very harsh drug.  


On the up side, she said my labs looked great and my iron is amazing.  I joked that it was all the steak Jord likes to cook--but we looked at my protein shakes and she said iron absorbs better with vitamin C and the protein shakes have Iron and vitamin C so she said to keep doing what I'm doing and that I take really good care of myself.  That was encouraging to hear, as I try to integrate nutrition and vitamins and supplements to help my body as much as possible and it's working.  :) 


God has poured out His grace to us through SO many people--I feel so loved and surrounded by prayers and encouragement and love--it is such a blessing to us.  Please continue to pray and also pray for Jord as he is at home.  It's so much harder being the caregiver and home alone.  Our church is providing meals for him this week which is a tremendous blessing.  He didn't sleep well last night so if you could pray for his sleep that would be wonderful.  


I got to video chat Jord this morning and Blue looked right at the camera when I started talking to her--I miss my puppies!  

Here is a short video of one of the treatments I'm doing in the hospital--this is called an IPV machine and it forces air deeper into your lungs so the medication can get in there deeper and it expands them--it's quite a work out.  





Here's a few pictures from yesterday and an encouraging quote from MacArthur.  A funny side note--it's snowing in Huntsville today so they actually canceled church services and are just streaming a pre-recorded message, so I'm not missing anything! :) I love technology! 



Jord said you gotta protect your eyes from covid! LOL He always knows how to make me laugh! 



1 comment:

  1. I am always encouraged as I read your posts. No matter how you are struggling God has given you such a strong faith and a joy in your suffering. It is inspiring and encouraging! I pray that God will continue to give you steadfastness, hope, peace and joy in the struggle. To God be the glory!!! Day 1 -✔
    ❤ you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete