Thursday, January 27, 2022

Overall, a Good Day :)

 Today started out a bit rough--my Zofran ran out before I woke up and even though I took it as soon as I got up, I ended up throwing up and dry heaving--one of my least favorite things lol.  I waited about an hour but was still pretty nauseous, so I took some more Zofran because at that point I was pretty certain most of it came back up and after a bit I felt a LOT better.  I had to switch my IV schedule around a bit to where I'm hooked up for longer periods of time during the day but the first night when I was going to have to get up at 10, 11, 12, and 1, Jord woke me up at 11 and I had slept through my alarm going off for an hour.  Jord said I needed to figure something out because obviously between 10pm and 3am is not a good time for me to be doing stuff with my IV in my grogginess and it wasn't safe.  I made it through the doses at night and then when I got up I re-configured the schedule.  I don't know how all you Momma's of littles do the no sleep thing--God's sustaining grace I know, but it's definitely gotta be hard.  


I was able to walk the dogs almost two miles today.  The vertigo is still there 24/7, but I am noticing improvements each day as to how much I can handle or things that were hard the day before are easier or I can watch a different type of show or tolerate more screen time.  The walks outside help a lot.  I did start to get a little short of breath towards the end of the walk but I just slowed down and was able to finish fine.  A lot of you know that Blue was given to me when I was hospitalized when my Grandma died and she's from a rare Australian Shepherd bloodline specifically bred for therapy.  When I got her as a puppy, I was in the midst of the grief of losing Grandma, my cholesteatoma surgery not happening, 24/7 migraine and vertigo for months, and not a full blown psychosis, but a "mini" one if you will.  Needless to say, it was not the best time to bring a puppy into our home, but bring her home we did.  She quickly ruled the roost and developed a lot of bad habits.  After Crash died, almost two years ago exactly, she got fearful, and her and Roxy would go bonkers barking when they saw other dogs.  When we moved to Huntsville and had to live in the apartment for 6 months, that just exponentially complicated the problem.  She was surrounded by noise and other dogs and was just on edge and couldn't relax.  We even hired a professional trainer to try and help us through the rough patch, but nothing we did seemed to help.  Needless to say, it was a very sanctifying time lol.  


I went back to watching Cesar Millan and back to my roots of communicating with the dogs as a "pack leader" and setting "rules, boundaries, and limitations" and making sure they are getting "exercise, discipline, and affection" in that order.  Being in the house since July and out of the apartment, Blue is finally starting to calm down a bit and she has responded so well to the training.  I've worked really hard at it and we can walk by yards with barking dogs and neither dog will bark--I even had a neighbor walking tell me that "your dogs are very obedient."  That was definitely such an encouragement!  Blue is incredibly intelligent and I've been watching lots of YouTube videos of different trainers as well and been slowly introducing different commands and tricks and working on re-training bad habits, like barking crazily at the vacuum cleaner or grabbing the broom and playing tug when I tried to sweep.  She does this because as a puppy in my head I was going to teach her how to "help" me with these things and let the broom and mop and vacuum be a toy--definitely NOT the way to train them to help you lol.  Anyway--lots of lessons have been learned and I'm so happy with how well she is doing.  It's also amazing how extra attentive they have been with me being sick the last couple of months.  Animals are just such incredible gifts from God! 


I'd better sign off before my screen time runs out and I end up not feeling so hot.  Jord and I continue to be blown away by how well our church is serving us--a friend brought me lunch today and did my dishes and then cleaned up the entire yard full of dog doo--it had been awhile since I had been able to do it so it was really bad.  So incredibly grateful for the ways they are pouring into us.  God is so kind.  











No comments:

Post a Comment