Tuesday, January 25, 2022

I Feel Like I'm Starting a Medical Supply Store

 Good morning! 

  I got the delivery of my second IV antibiotic last night.  I was doing the inhaled in the meantime because the infusion pharmacy didn't have the IV colistin in stock because it's a last resort drug.  I seriously feel like I could start a medical supply company lol.  They also didn't send a pump so it's gravity fed and with my port the pharmacist said he didn't know how successful they'd be doing two antibiotics at once like they did in the hospital so my schedule until the 31st is going to be a bit crazy.  I have alarms set for everything so I don't forget something.  








   Jord and I had to literally sit down and try to figure out when I could do stuff cause one antibiotic is every 8 hours and takes 3 hours to run.  The other one is every 12 and takes an hour but I also have to run saline fluids for an hour before each dose to help my kidneys so it got very complicated very quickly and I still have to call the pharmacist to double check and make sure that a 6 hour gap for the every 8 hour med is ok because it's literally impossible to do without running into that three hour run time.  As we were exhausted last night when the delivery came at almost 9pm, we both got a little overwhelmed with the schedule as my sleep is going to be very interrupted and that is a hard thing, especially for Jord, because of the history of what happens when I don't get enough sleep.  I either get sick or in the past it has turned into starting down the road to psychosis so I'm going to be very intentional about resting and napping when I can in between everything so I get the rest I need to heal.  This morning we awoke refreshed and reminding ourselves that it's only for 6 days and we are SO thankful I get to do this at home instead of being stuck in the hospital for the entire course of treatment.  

  Re-learning how rehab with the vestibular injury goes I was tempted to be frustrated yesterday as I was wanting to do some research for a close friend who is going through a very difficult trial right now.  I was on the ACBC website (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors) searching through resources but I had to stop because being in front of any screen for any length of time tires my brain out very quickly and I start to get a headache and feel nauseous even through the Zofran.  I had to remind myself that it's a season and this is what God has for me at the moment and I need to rest when my body calls for it so I can heal.  I'd appreciate prayer for my heart in this ongoing battle.  

  Jord went to a urologist yesterday and they said since it's moving he is ok and they gave him more pain meds and the medication that keeps the tubes more open to help it pass easier.  They also sent him home with what looks like a funnel with screen mesh in the bottom of it because they want him to try to catch it. He was a bit taken aback by that LOL.  Welcome to the medical fun stuff honey!  In all seriousness, I have been seeing just a fraction of what he goes through watching me hurt and not being able to fix it--it is not a fun feeling, but something else we can trust the Lord with.  

I'm gonna sign off before my eyes get all crazy on me.  Here are a couple pictures :) 

IV colistin and Saline fluids

My trusty IV pole...it needs a name!

Flushes galore!

Heparin and alcohol swabs and caps

More saline flushes and Blue's tail lol 

Supplies for labs and dressing changes

Roxy loving on her Momma

Blue doing what Blue loves best--playing with that ball! 



  






No comments:

Post a Comment