Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Bit of a Rough Morning--But Going HOME Tomorrow!!!!

I woke up extra nauseous this morning when the nurse came in to draw labs and start my meds at 4.  I went to the bathroom and then started throwing up and dry heaving as soon as I got back in bed.  The nurse, Holliann was super sweet--she held my hair and then rushed to the computer to see what I had on order and got me Zofran right away because I couldn't stop dry heaving (which I despise lol).  Turns out the labs revealed my Magnesium is low and I looked up the symptoms and nausea and vomitting were some of the top symptoms along with things that are some side effects of the IV colistin so that had me curious to see if it leeched magnesium.  I looked up what antibiotics leech magnesium and it turns out Azithramyacin does, which I am on 500mg three times a week continuously.  This could explain why my nausea has been worse lately, so I'm going to start supplementing at home.  


I got the zofran and started to feel better and drank some of my protein shake and then threw up again even with the zofran.  Back to just sipping on my fizzy and bubbly and I'm better at the moment.  


They never came yesterday to do PFT's (lung function tests) so I talked to the nurse first thing this morning to make sure they come today.  I'm not worried about those at all cause they have been stable.  The doctors typically come around between 9-10:30 so as long as my liver and kidneys have continued to behave we should be able to work towards going home tomorrow.  Dr. Solomon came by yesterday afternoon and agreed with the plan and said I'd probably go home on both IV meds for about 5 more days to make sure we really kick this infection for good for awhile.


So I wrote the above this morning and my blog wasn't working so I couldn't finish it.  They came to do PFT's and my lung function actually DECREASED by 7%....I couldn't believe it.  They said plus/minus 5% is considered "no change" but it doesn't make any sense to me how when I'm feeling really cruddy it actually increased 2% to 62, but now I'm feeling better and it decreased to 55.  The good news is that I'm still on track to go HOME tomorrow on both meds as my liver and kidneys are behaving! Praise the Lord!!! I'm definitely ready to be home.  And Jord is beyond ready for me to be home lol.  So thankful for our wonderful marriage!! 


It's been a zoo in here this morning, but also fun and going by fast.  I have an RT that is a student, nursing students doing patient care tech's job today, and the doctor asked if she could come back with medical students at two.  I love to help people learn, especially about rare diseases, so I pretty much always say yes to these things unless I'm feeling really cruddy and just don't have the energy for it.  


All that to say, I'm gonna sign off for now and try and get some rest since I've been up and going since 4 this morning.  




No comments:

Post a Comment