Sunday, February 6, 2022

Overall, Feeling Great!

 Just wanted to do a quick post and let everyone know I'm feeling pretty good for me!  The vertigo has gotten a LOT better.  I am still taking a Zofran in the morning as I wake up nauseous, which isn't uncommon for me.  However, it's a bit stronger than my "normal" nauseous feeling so I've just been taking the Zofran and that really helps.  I'm still pretty light sensitive so I'll wear sunglasses inside depending on the type of lights (fluorescent are the hardest on my eyes) and if I've been in that store since getting out of the hospital.  My brain essentially has to be "re-trained" for things.  I was fine at church this week but then we went to Five Guys for lunch after and the combination of lights, noise, and busyness, had me struggling a little bit.  I'm doing fine driving during the day, but night driving might be a challenge as the combination of it being in the evening when I'm tired and constantly being barraged with lights might not go well.  


For the most party, my lungs feel good for me.  There has been some extra congestion and some pleuritic type pain in my left lower base that isn't "typical" for me, but I've been tracking it and I follow up with pulmonary function tests (PFT's) and see Dr. Solomon on Tuesday.  It will be interesting to see what my PFT's are--before going to the hospital when I felt super cruddy my FEV1 was 62%.  Upon discharge, it had gone DOWN to 53%.  It doesn't make sense to me why it would go down when I'm feeling so much better and definitely something I will be asking Dr. Solomon about.  


I've been able to jump back into life this last week and this coming week is pretty busy.  Somehow, I ended up with 3 doctor's appointments this week, plus ladies Bible study, and then having people over for dinner on Thursday so it's going to be busy.  I'm so thankful I feel good enough to do things though!  I've been taking the dogs to a nearby greenway to walk and that has been good to just go somewhere else to walk with new smells and challenges.  I've been watching some dog training videos on YouTube and having fun working with the dogs.  Blue is so smart--she picks up on stuff so quickly!  Also been enjoying watching the birds at my bird feeders in my back yard and I also transplanted and planted some plants this week with a friend.  I absolutely love living here--the birds are so colorful--there are two pairs of Cardinals, a blue Jay, House finches, Goldfinches, doves, and lots of others.  I always think of Matthew 6 when I watch birds.  Jesus says, "Look at the birds of the air--they neither sow, nor reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they, O you of little faith?"  God cares for the birds of the air and He surely cares for us! So thankful for His wonderful creation to enjoy and point us to Him!  


One of the male Cardinals in my backyard. 

I got an herb kit from Lowe's for Basil and Oregano--we'll see how it goes!

Got bigger pots for my snake plants and got them transplanted!

Roxy with excited eyes cause she's looking at everything at the park.

Got a pic of Blue before she realized the camera was on her lol 

Isn't this pot adorable?? 

  

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing the joy in your descriptions of the beautiful scenery in your new state. And you see it all through God's assurances in His word.
    Fun doggie pics. Look at your smile.
    That pot is beautiful!
    Love, Janis

    ReplyDelete