Monday, January 17, 2022

Monday Morning Update

 Hey everyone,

   Early this morning around 5:30 I had a bit of a scare--I was talking to the nurse and they were running both antibiotics at the same time and all of a sudden I couldn't talk and couldn't stop coughing and my throat felt really weird.  They gave me a lidocaine (bleh!) breathing treatment and it numbed my gag reflex and I was able to stop coughing.  Had to pray a lot through that.  Thankful I was talking to the nurse when it happened so I got help right away.  

   The scopalomine patch is helping, but I notice as the day goes on and my brain gets tired, I start to get dizzy and I can't look down without spinning like crazy so I'm using my vestibular rehab skills from the past to be able to walk with the walker.  Since today is a holiday I probably won't see the physical therapists until tomorrow.  


  I'm also itching like crazy, so they gave me zyrtec but said that your scalp itching is a really common side effect of colistin.  The zyrtec is helping but it's definitely still there.  


God has given me wonderful nurses so far.  Today I've gotten to talk to my tech a little about the Lord, which is a praise! Please pray for wisdom for my words the rest of the day and for God to open his heart to the truth! 


Thanks for checking up on us!  I would write more but it's hard on my brain so I'm gonna sign off for now.  Hope y'all have a great Monday! (The South is sinking in lol) 





No comments:

Post a Comment