Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Health Update 3.8.16 and Mountains of Faithfulness (repost)

     Hello all...I would love prayers today at 11...I am seeing my lung doctor to see if we can figure out what's going on and why I'm not getting better.  Last night my hubby and I took a dear friend, Nathan and his brother Daniel out to dinner at Red Robin.  With my new dietary restrictions, eating out has been an experience, but Red Robin is awesome at accommodating restrictions and our waitress, Tracy, was awesome.  :)  I was still in a fair amount of pain, so I broke down and filled a prescription for Tramadol.  It's amazing how you don't realize how much pain you are in until suddenly it's not there and you are like, "Oh man, that really hurt."  

     The night was going just fine--I could feel the pain med--was a little light headed and if I moved too fast I got dizzy so I was just taking it easy.  I took my night time meds, along with some vitamins, and then it was all over--my body did not like those on top of the pain med.  I tried really hard not to throw up, but by the time I realized it wasn't going to happen, I barely made it to the bathroom.  I aimed for the toilet, but it went everywhere---so gross!  My poor hubby---he was already in bed and was exhausted from a long day and he hasn't been sleeping well and I had to wake him up to that--and I couldn't physically clean it up so he had to do that on top of helping me get back to bed, getting me ginger drinks, rice crackers, etc.  I woke up to go to the bathroom this morning and needed help cause I was dizzy, so he had to get out of bed for that after the dogs had just gotten him up to feed them.  He told me he tried to clean it up and got a lot of it, but he was going to throw up if he kept cleaning so the door is closed right now and awaiting me when I can work up the energy to try and get it cleaned up before I go to my appointment this morning.  The life of a caregiver!  It's hard--so if you see Jord, encourage him!  He is truly my greatest earthly treasure!  I've got a post brewing in my mind to share our love story and just how well he cares for me and how God loves me through him in so many ways.  I am so blessed! 

     Please pray for clarity and wisdom at the doctor's office today.  It's day 15 of IV and with the pain getting worse instead of better that's not good.  I'm not sure what the plan will be going forward, but thankful I know the One who does.  I finally have a great team of doctors around me and I'm not having to fight for the care that I need--I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to be able to trust your doctors completely and not second guess the treatment plan.  The home infusion company has been an awesome answer to prayer as well.  My sweet nurse friend Judy worked it out to where they could work with my insurance so I could get the best care with home health nurses that know me and the pharmacist knows me and they all take wonderful care of me!  It's been absolutely AMAZING to see bills to my insurance for over 10K for the home IV so far and our part owed is $0.  Such an incredible provision from God!  We are still paying off last years medical bills so I do not take this gift of amazing insurance lightly!  Such an answer to many prayers prayed for us!

     I'd better sign off and do treatments now, but I shared this morning the analogy of Mountains Papa gave me when he was dying so I thought I would repost his poem along with an old blog post:

     HERE is a link to the whole post if you would like to read it.  It's a short post talking about how God uses the analogies of mountains all the time.  Here is the poem I wrote when I was 16 after my beloved Papa died from Melanoma.  It came from a moment when he knew he was dying from the cancer--he was crying and told me, "I've been thinking about what to write in that journal you gave me...Life is like a series of mountains--you get to the peak of one, but you are just at the base of another.  You are born, but you are just at the base of life.  Then you learn to sit up, but you are just at the base of crawling.  Then you crawl, but you are just at the base of walking."  These words are forever emblazoned in my mind and have helped shape the woman I am today.  16 years later and I miss him so much.  Have a blessed day my friends and remember to hug your loved ones! 

Mountains

The green valley’s amid white-capped mountain peaks,
The joy of birth, a new life in this world,
Barren lands among falling boulders sweeping down the mountainside,
The harshness and pain of death, losing the one you loved so.

Climbing mountains all your life,
Mt. Everest a major feat,
Reaching the top of a hill, unnoticed at the time.

Working your way through life,
Graduation and embarking upon your new world,
Learning to breathe, instinct led you through.

Facing challenges,
Boulders sweeping you off your path,
Accomplishing your dreams,
Seeing the peak of a mountain past,
But alas, you are just at the base of another.

Cancer raging through a family, tearing lives apart,
A brave man, crying, telling his family not to worry,
For he has just reached the peak of his last mountain,
The last of a series of mountains, the mountains called life.

Rachelle Thomas 

Added a lot of pictures of life...enjoy! :) 




























































































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment