Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Back to the Floor

It's been a busy and hard couple of days. Been super nauseous so even looking at my phone is hard. I have continued to receive wonderful care here and love all my docs and nurses and respiratory therapist. A great surprise came last night when I learned another girl with PCD is on the floor as well. We exchanged numbers and we are going to talk... I'm so excited!  I added her to the PCD Facebook group which she didn't know about... That's so exciting that I can help someone else get connected because I know how isolating it can be to think you're all alone. It has been so sweet for God to show me again and again the purposes big and small he has for me here. Another of my respiratory therapist daughter has heterotaxy which is a firm situs inversus...her organs are flipped and not just in the wrong place but her valves are on the wrong side etc.. She has never been tested for PCD so I gave her mom  my business card with the website. She is on the heart transplant list and 12 years old. Please keep her and her mom in your prayers. I'm going to meet her as soon as I'm well enough to not contaminate her. It's been so sweet to see God answer prayers big and small and even though the desensitization was hard it worked and hopefully this medication will take care of the bacteria that are growing in my lungs and I can get home. I will be here for the duration of the antibiotics as they want to watch me closely for any reaction. We will do pulmonary function test at 7 Days on the antibiotic to see how I'm doing and continue to go from there with a plan of care. I cannot tell you how incredible this team has been and how thankful I am to have the team that I have needed for so long. One of my fellow PCDers sent me a care package that I got yesterday when I was having a bad morning. I'm so grateful for my PCD family and all my friends and family here that are supporting me and Jord. We officially closed on our house yesterday and have a rental that we are looking at so pray that everything will go smoothly with that and that we could get moved in there. God has been so gracious to provide. Bill and Cathy  made it in from Huntsville and Cathy is cooking up a storm and packing it up and dad is going to stay the night with me when no one else is available. Nicole and Alyssa have been walking our dogs every day cleaning her house doing my laundry and coming here to visit me. I have so appreciated our friendship and it's so neat to see how God provides exactly what you need when you need it and there's always someone available. Braelyn, my cousin, has been on call and helped me out a lot already. Justin took me outside in a wheelchair so I could get some sun for the first time in a week and we are working on our bucket list for when I get out of the hospital. My sister is going to come by tomorrow and we're going to try to do a Google Hangout with Hunter and Gunner... It's been so hard to not be able to see the boys because Gunner is so little we can't risk him getting anything. I would love prayers that this nausea would get under control. I've had to take some pretty heavy-duty meds to stay out of pain and the nausea. The meds just knock me out at night.

     Thank you for your continued love prayers and support. Pray especially for Jordan as it is so hard for him to watch me suffer. I will be here for sure for the next 13 days of the antibiotic and would welcome any visitors to help pass the time. :-) my room number is 3810 on  3NE Love you all very much!

In His Mighty Grip,
Rachelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment