Saturday, March 26, 2016

Health Update 3.25.16

     Got official word yesterday...I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.  My infection has started getting worse again.  I initially requested a that we do a bronchoscopy so that we could get good cultures and see what's going on in there.  There was a lot of back and forth communication with the doctors yesterday.  I finally decided to involve Dr. Knowles who diagnosed me in North Carolina and he suggested being double covered by an IV antibiotic.  The only drug that my pseudo at admission was sensitive to that is in a separate drug class than the one I'm on is Aztreonam which gave me the vestibular injury.  We decided to wait until we get the sensitivities back with a new sputum culture yesterday which can take anywhere from 24 hours to several days depending on different things.  I'm still asking more questions about a bronchoscopy so please pray for wisdom and direction for Jord and I as we move forward. Thank you for your prayers--I am disappointed and frustrated and emotional but still clinging to Jesus and very aware of His great sacrifice for me, especially on the weekend we celebrate His death and Resurrection. "Jesus pleaded, 'Father if it is possible please take this cup from Me, nevertheless not My will but Thine be done" and Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this thorn in my flesh and He said, 'My grace is sufficient for you for My power is made perfect in weakness' therefore most gladly will I boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me." He WILL get Jord and I through this valley and One Day He will close the door on suffering forever...clinging to these precious truths right now. Please especially pray for my sweet hubby and my family--it's so hard for them to watch me suffer! Life is but a vapor! Live well for His glory!

Here is an incredible sermon by John MacArthur on 2 Cor 12:7-10...powerful words that I will watch over and over for sure!


In His Mighty Grip,
Rachelle :)

This PICC line will be my friend awhile longer...no ETE (Estimated Time of Escape) yet, will keep you all posted.  Visitors welcome! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment