Wednesday, March 23, 2016

God's "Little" Provisions

     Morning everyone!  My lungs are continuing to get better, praise the Lord!  Been getting a migraine the last couple of days when I over do it so I've got to try and watch that.  I'd love continued prayer for this area--it is singlehandedly the hardest area for me to conquer with PCD.  When I feel good or get excited or someone comes to see me I go 90 miles an hour and tune out my body signals and then when people leave or I stop to take a breath or rest, I tune back into my body signals and realize I'm in big trouble.  This is the area that landed me in here in the first place cause I was doing too much cause I was feeling good.  I was in the hospital this exact time last year, so apparently my over zealous personality likes to enjoy the AZ weather this time of year and says yes to several too many things.  ;)

     This is the third time I'm working on this blog post--I had one all written and somehow lost all but the first paragraph, but was dizzy and had to stop--so hopefully this one will actually make it to "publish".  I originally started this with something specific in mind of something "little" that God provided but I can't remember what it was so instead I will list some awesome ways He has provided this week for us in practical ways:

*We got a refund from a medical bill last year that we weren't expecting--that's always nice!

*I got a second Aerobika (handheld airway clearance device) today cause my other one wasn't working.  One nice thing about the hospital is it's one big bill

*We med our out of pocket max weeks ago at this point, so everything from here on out will be 100% covered, which is a TREMENDOUS blessing, especially in light of recent years.  (We spent over $13,000 out of pocket last year in medical expenses!)

*God provided Nicole and Alyssa to be here right when we needed them the most--they walked our dogs everyday, brought them to see me, helped with laundry and dishes before Mom and Dad T. got here and came and visited me.

*Mom and Dad T. drove in from Huntsville, AL to help us get packed, cook meals, stay at the hospital etc.

*Mom, Grandma, Aunt Dawn, Dad T.,  Shirley,Jim, Braelyn and Jord have all stayed the night with me since I got the vestibular injury so I'm not alone at night.

*Numerous visitors and calls and prayers and encouragements.

     We were never meant to walk through these valleys alone and we could not do it without all of your prayers, love, and support.  Please pray for perseverance for the last 3 days--as I'm feeling better, it gets harder to stay here--this is my longest hospitalization ever and we are VERY ready to resume "normal" life together as we prepare to move shortly into a new season of life and selling our first home of 10 years (although we moved away for 4 of those years).

Getting dizzy so need to run, but please pray for two of my friends I met online in a support group for severe rxns to medications--they are in very dark places right now.  I have been able to talk to one of them and listen and encourage her that there is HOPE and with Christ she can conquer the anxiety and depression and insomnia along with medication and counsel--the same things God used to bring me out of those dark places.

Here is a link to a fantastic Q&A about Suffering and the Sovereignty of God that was a planned a year in advance and providentially took place shortly after the devastating earthquake in Haiti several years ago.

Praising Him!
Rachelle :)

Meet "Dr. T." (named after one of my docs cause he asked what it's name was and I didn't have one yet lol) that my Grandma had made for me! So soft and cuddly! The lady that made it hand makes them!  Let me know if you want to get one made and I'll get you her information.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment