Monday, March 28, 2016

Health Update 3.28.16 Please Pray!

Hey everyone,
  If you are new to the blog, we have a serious prayer request--I'm on day 28 of a hospital stay for my rare lung disease and am not responding to very high powered antibiotics.  We are awaiting results from a second culture and will be choosing the "best of the worst" side effects in a new antibiotic that I will have to be on for at least 14 days, and will for sure be going back to the ICU initially, if not for the entire course of antibiotics, depending on bacterial resistance levels.  Jord and I really covet your prayers for wisdom for the docs and grace and mercy for both of us.  This is new territory, but not totally unexpected as my lung disease is progressive.

     If you are interested/available please contact us as there are a lot of practical needs upcoming--Jord's parents came for 4 weeks from AL but have to get back home Sunday.  My family has been helping a lot, especially with keeping someone staying overnight in the hospital with me, but there are only so many of them and work is kind of important thing they can't just stop doing indefinitely. ;)  We are moving Saturday (God sold our house in less than a month but we closed on the 15th and move on Saturday). 

     This has been a very difficult 6 weeks for us but we are reminded of the great truths of the Gospel--this didn't surprise God and He is in control of every single cell in my body.  It's hard, it breaks my heart to know it breaks Jord's heart watching me suffer (and everyone one of my family and close friends!), but I praise God everyday for the man He gave me to be my husband and lead me through these deep waters.  I'm emotional and honestly scared, but clinging to Jesus and His precious promises to "never leave me nor forsake me" (Hebrews 13:5-6 and that "water will not overflow you and the flame will not scorch you" (Isaiah 43) and He "will complete the good work He began in me." (Philippians 1:6) On the upside, everybody, including doctors, on 3NE at UMC knows me and has either heard or read about the reason for my enduring hope in spite of all of this going on...Jesus Christ and Him crucified...To God be the glory, great things He hath done. Feel free to share/forward this as we need as many people praying as possible that the bacteria would be sensitive to an antibiotic that won't damage me more neurologically. We will get those results in the morning. Thank you!

Clinging to Jesus!
Rachelle (and Jordan) 

As you know, Turtles are very special around our PCD family...this little guy's name is "Colin" :) We love and miss you Jorgen! (Jorgen was a dear friend that died from PCD complications in January in his 50's and he wrote stories about his turtle friends, "Colin and Cecelia". We miss him greatly! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment