Thursday, March 17, 2016

Encouraging Messages and Update :)

     First of all, my sputum has officially turned from green to yellow!!!  Not something most people get excited about, but this is great news for this girl.  I should be on track to be discharged on the afternoon of the 26th--just starting to go a little stir crazy here now that I'm feeling better and don't feel like my lungs are being stabbed all over constantly or throwing up uncontrollably.  I've been able to get off the morphine for the pain and the heavy duty drug Ativan for the nausea--it literally just knocked me out and made me sleep so I wouldn't throw up--at one point I was having to get a double dose because the nausea was so out of control.  Amazing how "little" improvements like that make such a big difference in how you feel.

     I am now focused on vestibular rehab once again--last year it took 10 weeks of outpatient rehab and I was unable to drive for 4 months.  This is the third time we've walked this journey so knowing what to expect is very helpful--and at the same time can be discouraging as I know it is going to be a long, slow road to get back to where I was prior to hospitalization when I was clocking 13,000 steps chasing my nephew, Hunter, around after Jenny had Gunner.  Speaking of which I FINALLY got to talk to that cutie through google hangout yesterday.  The sound was messed up on Mom's computer and I could hear them but they couldn't hear me and he says, "Sorry I can't hear you"....talk about melt your heart!!  Those boys light up my life and forever have my heart!



     I'm excited that Lord willing, I will be leaving the hospital hopefully on the 26th and moving into a house in Red Rock on the 31st.  Please pray for all the details, especially finances, to come together for that.  We have closed on our house and God has already provided in amazing ways, and I know He will continue to do so--we just want to make sure we are in the house that HE wants us to be  in and not get in over our heads just because it's a beautiful home with lots of room to have people over and for Kerstin to have her own space to escape to when she wants to.  :)  The house we are looking at also has a humungous kitchen which is awesome with all of Kerstin's appliances and mine with my new diet it will leave plenty of room for meal prep and fun cooking times, especially with my sister and Jenn being within walking distance of it!  Room for my 5 nephews to come run and make a mess...5 boys under 3---bring it on!!! :) Oh yeah--don't forget Roxy and Crash too--I LOVE people (everyone who knows me knows that lol) and when I can't go places, we can still have people come to us and it will be much easier being in Red Rock for that to happen as Jen, Jus, Kyle, Jenn, and Jeremy and my 5 nephews are all in walking distance, my parents and Aunt and Uncle (and my horse!!!!) are 10 minutes away, Tom and Candy and two more nephews are 15 minutes away and I'm closer to doctors and Jord is MUCH closer to work.  Instead of a 45 minute drive one way it will be about 20 minutes.   All reasons we chose to sell our first home of 10 years--very bittersweet as we LOVE our neighbors and the views of the Catalina mountains but God made it VERY clear this was the right decision in selling our home when we sold it in a month with a cash offer.  Mom and Dad T. have sold 8 houses and never had a cash offer.  It also went to a wonderful Christian couple who are snowbirds that volunteer for the Wycliffe center--nothing makes my heart happier than passing our home onto someone who is using their retirement years to work for the Lord.  It reminds me of John Piper's words in his book "Desiring God"...he tells the story of this couple that wanted to retire at 50 and travel around the country and collect sea shells--at the end of her life she offers God her shell collection--"here are my shells Lord".  Not that there is anything wrong with collecting sea shells or retiring at 50 but if the focus of your life is on anything but Christ Jesus and Him crucified you are doing nothing but storing up wrath for yourself on the day of judgement--heed His call today my friends!  Repent of your sins and trust Jesus with your eternal life--the Christian life is not the easiest life, but it is the ONLY life that leads to heaven and there is no greater reward than being united with Jesus the God of the Universe for all eternity!  O how my heart longs for THAT DAY--not just so I will have a resurrected body that works perfectly--never hurts or gets tired or has energy limitations to wrestle with--but to forever be free from my sinful heart and the presence of sin--what glorious Days those will be!!!  

     Some encouraging messages I've been listening to--you'll notice they are all Joni Earekson Tada but that's because listening to guys voices makes my vertigo worse and girls voices calm it down so Joni has been my "go to" this hospital stay when I need encouragement to keep putting one foot in front of the other--I pushed hard and was able to do 2 laps at the same time around the unit today--I was exhausted and tremored quite a bit when I got back into bed, but how good it felt!  Here are the links--I hope they encourage your heart as they have mine!  






Those should keep you busy for quite some time--this is what happens when I spend 7 days in the hospital, go home on continuous IV for 10 days, then come back to the hospital for 10 more days and have 10 more days to go (prayerfully keeping in mind that's as long as my body continues to cooperate--I am praying and hoping I will be discharged on the evening of the 26th, but trusting God and preparing my heart if He has different plans for me!).  If you have any particular question, spiritual or otherwise, please feel free to text or call or facebook or email or comment on my blog your questions or if there is any way I can be praying for you or if I can recommend a resource for you--I love to read and God has given me lots of time for that over the years because of my hour long breathing treatments three times a day.  Mom T. jokes around that she uses me to sift through the "OK" books and the "Must Reads" cause she doesn't have as much time to read as I do.  :) Also, I have LOTS of great song recommendations!! :) Feel free to use me as your resource--it gives me great joy to serve in that capacity when God has me here at the hospital.  

Praising Him!
Rachelle :) 

Figured out that if I wear my headphones and play music it constantly it drowns out the dinging of the nurse call light so until I get transferred to another room they will be permanently affixed to my head. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment