Saturday, March 12, 2016

Desensitization Explained

So a few people were asking questions so I figured I'd explain the procedure.  They started at 10 AM and gave me miniscule doses every 15 minutes.  Each hour they upped the dose. This is to trick your immune system into thinking it's not allergic to the medication. I still got itchy so they gave me some Allegra but as soon as they upped the dose the itching kicked in again sending my vertigo and tremors into overdrive.  I threw up and they had to give me some Ativan, a strong med that is like a short acting Valium and relaxes your body.  I was able to get some sleep and make it through the rest of the doses to officially be "desensitized".  However, my first normal dose will be at 9 tonight and the current plan is to give me that in the ICU so I'll stay overnight here again just to be safe. Thankful for the wonderful care I am receiving. Pray my LFT's start to go down otherwise we are going to have to change my psych meds that I'm on for sleep and that can get tricky. RT is here so gotta run. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment