Sunday, March 6, 2016

Health Update 3.6.16

So I have an email into my lung doc and will probably go ahead and just get a port again to make my life easier. It is apparent that I am going to be needing IV antibiotics more frequently and for longer periods of time as the inhaled don't seem to be cutting it at the moment. I will likely need to be desensitized to some meds in the near future just so we have more options when I do get sick and to do that you have to be given them more frequently so your allergy doesn't come back. (That is my understanding thus far--I will be establishing care with the allergist and infectious disease docs that my new lung doc works with so they can treat me as a team going forward.) What this means is minor surgery in the near future to implant the port into my chest (its what chemo patients get). I'm also still just not getting better this time around. My sputum has not been green since Friday which is a good thing, but I'm in a lot of pain this afternoon again, which is the thing that sent me to the ER in the first place. Tomorrow is day 14 of IV antibiotics so I should be responding at this point, even at the lower dose. There is also a LOT going on right now outside of my health what with closing on the house in a week, finding a place to move to, packing, and moving by the end of the month. If you are available, we could really use some help with packing and meals and just general house stuff. I've got a lot of administrative/finance stuff to do between doctors stuff and house stuff and that zaps my energy and I don't have much left to give. Jord is exhausted between working and helping take care of me--he has to help me shower because I can't get my ears wet or my PICC line wet and a million other little things that he has to do double duty with me out of commission. So calling all hands.... smile emoticon And of course if you aren't logistically available, prayers are always appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment