Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Vestibular Injury

I saw a vestibular/balance therapist this afternoon and I have a vestibular (inner ear) injury likely from some of the medications I was on.  We don't know the extent of the damage to my inner ear, but I am being referred to an otoneurologist who will be able to determine the extent of the damage.  Please pray for Jordan, My Family, and my Heart and also wisdom for the doctors in choosing a new antibiotic.  She was not able to give me a time frame for recovery, but it will be a long haul, I will likely go home in a wheel chair and not be able to drive for a while.  We are trusting but hurting and we thank you in advance for your love, care, and support as we walk this new road.  
Jordan canceled his trip to Nebraska because it has been so much to process today and there are so many unknowns.  I have shed a lot of tears today and am rapidly losing muscle strength...overnight I have become a "high maintenance" patient, but the care here continues to be phenomenal!  So thankful for God's providence.  
There is a sign up for visits so I have coverage all the time because I really don't want to be alone right now.  If you are not on the email list and would like to help in this way, message me your email and I will forward you the link.  We will also need help packing and moving June 15th.  Jord and I are slowly getting logistics put together.  Jordan was doing well being on vacation but when I called and told him what was going on this afternoon he started getting chest pain again.  Please pray for God to sustain him during this road...he will need some good distractions!!  
I should probably try to get some rest.
In His mighty grip
Rachelle and Jordan

My brother, me, Alexis

Puppy Kisses!

Love this pic!  Love my special puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment