Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pray for Tricia

     In 2008, a friend of mine sent me a link to a blog called, "Confessions of a CF Husband"At the time, Jordan and I had been given the OK to stop using birth control and see if we could have a baby.  Considering pregnancy with any medical condition can pose its own risks, but we were excited to see what God would do.  Confessions of a CF Husband is a blog written by the husband of a woman with Cystic Fibrosis.  God gave her a miracle baby, which is why my friend sent me the link to encourage me that God's plans prevail against all odds.  I have followed the blog since then.  Nate and Tricia were married in 2004 but were unable to have kids.  They stopped trying when her CF caused her lungs to deteriorate to the point of needing a lung transplant.  The day before she was supposed to head to Duke to start preparations for getting on the transplant list, she found out she was pregnant.  Her doctors advised them to abort, but they are Christians and refused.  Their daughter Gwyneth Rose was born at 24 weeks and several days...just past the point of being able to survive outside the womb.  Some weeks later, Tricia got activated on the transplant list and had her lung transplant.  Five years later, she is now in rejection and is at the top of the list again and desperately needs new lungs.  Please join me in praying for Tricia and Nate and their sweet daughter and check out their blog and pass the word along!

    I had a better evening and so far the new antibiotic is not making me itch, praise the Lord!  Feeling a little nauseous this morning, but its not horrible yet.  My sleep was a little more interrupted with the additional antibiotic, but I'm looking out my window at a beautiful sunrise right now.  :)  

"Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5b   

Trusting Him,
Rachelle :) 

1 comment: