Monday, May 27, 2013

Running....er crawling..the Race He Has Called me Too

This is going to be short as I'm on the verge of nausea and I keep dozing off so I should probably get off here and sleep.  :)  Priorities, right??  

The current plan is to hold all meds and don't treat sinus/lung infection unless I get really bad there.  They want to try to focus everything on the Vestibular rehab.  I'm making lots of friends here on the 8th floor and have determined I am going to have an 8th floor housewarming party once we get moved.  :)  

Initially I will have to be in a wheelchair but with rehab, my age, and the fighting spirit Jesus continues to give me, hopefully I won't need it too long.  From some of the things I read on the Vestibular.org website I am going to have to make even more choices than I have had to in the past.  The example given was attending a soccer game and dinner plans afterward.  They said you will be able to "rise to the occasion" and make it through the soccer game, but expect to crash afterward from the sensory overload.  Thus, you cannot make dinner and have a party afterwards but make the soccer game the place you choose to "use up your spoons" so to speak.  When I first read that I just started crying because I already have so many things I have to say no to with my PCD.  There are times when I choose to do something fun anyway and deal with the "PCD hangover" the next day. Add the Vestibular injury into the mix and I'm going to be starting off every day with a lot less spoons.  Hopefully, through rehab, and being disciplined in doing my exercises it will get better.  I have already determined a few upsides to not having energy for a full day...at Disneyland if I'm in a wheelchair my group gets to go to the front of every line so we could make it through all the rides!  Awesome!  :)  So who wants to come to Disney with me??? ;)  Secondly, when I'm flying and need a wheelchair for massive airports, I will get to the head of every security line and not miss flights.  :)  

The biggest prayer request we have right now is that Jord and I would be quick to shepherd our hearts back to Him and His truth.  As we start to think realistically about the future, it can get overwhelming.  At that point, by His grace, I have been quick to take those thoughts captive and go back to Matt 6 and remember that "sufficient are the worries for its own day"  and for me right now, this next moment may be all I can think about.  Right now, I am trying to find the balance between looking to the next steps and preparing my heart for battle and just taking time to process and grieve and cry it all out at times.  There are going to be ugly moments and there are going to be great victories.  As I was reading Alisa McCormicks's Blog this morning, I was reminded of the incredibly difficult battle we wage against sin on a daily basis.  When tragedy strikes, we allow our flesh to rise to the surface much more quickly, than when "we have it all together."  She is dealing with the loss of her oldest son who was only 24...I am dealing with new health challenges that have a lot of unknowns and can breed fear when we try to hold onto the illusion that we are in control of our lives.  The great truth of the matter is this: both circumstances are incredibly difficult and bring seasons with their own distinct challenges.  But the glorious truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is this: Although we have never actually met we can lift each other up in prayer and cling to the One who created all things and trust that although we don't understand our circumstances, and definitely wouldn't have chosen them for ourselves, God has chosen us to walk this path, with our eyes fixed on Jesus, spurring each other on in our daily battles with the flesh until ONE DAY Jesus comes back and believers will all be with Him together in heaven and have perfectly working bodies.  These are truths Alisa and I both have to remind our hearts of in the midst of our deepest valleys.  Jesus doesn't promise to take away the trials and the pain, He just promises to carry us through the valley's and comfort us so that we can comfort others.  

    "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort." ~2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Ok, so maybe it wasn't so short but I have developed a coping mechanism to not look at the screen while I type but at the pictures on the wall the kids made me and it helps me to be able to type more...cause you all know it is impossible for me to tell a short story.  :) 

Praising the One Who Made all Things!
Rachelle 
I wanted a kiss but he didn't want to cooperate so I gave him one anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment