Friday, May 24, 2013

Sleep Made me a New Person!

Praise the Lord I slept all night last night (ok two nights ago since this is getting posted late)!  I feel like a new person!  Since finding out about the vestibular injury it has been a crazy emotional roller coaster.  I'm trying to figure out how to be hopeful but also realistic about the days and weeks and months ahead.  Throw in getting two hours of sleep, not being able to walk without wanting to throw up, then start piling on drugs like Zofran, morphine, and fenergent (or however you spell it!) and you get a loopy, exhausted, emotional girl.  I was afraid I was starting to go into a psychosis again last night because I couldn't focus on anything and was super emotional so Dr. Fehr, my psychiatrist, gave me a little extra of Seroquel. (the drug I started taking in February to help me sleep and come out of the depression.)  I slept like a baby!!  It also probably had a lot to do with the fact that Jord stayed with me...nothing like a husband to make you feel comfortable and less anxious.
Reading/writing is really difficult right now.  The way I am managing is to type withough looking at the screen.  Even then, I"m getting a little nauseous so my updates will probably be shorter until the therapy kicks in and I start to learn tricks to cope and my body starts to adapt.  The exciting thing is my therapist agreed that when I get there, riding horses will be great therapy....so for once I will officially be ordered to ride my horse...sign me up I'll do therapy for hours every day! :)  We are looking into seeing about a place to board him up here so when the time comes he can be closer to me and I can still be with Jord and my own house and support group.  When I do get to go home, I will need 24 hour care for the first step of rehab. 
We are learning more and I'm not as emotional, but still a lot to work through.  Jesus is my refuge and I know He will never leave me!  We are waiting to see a neurologist today who should hopefully be able to pinpoint what caused the damage.  Also, pray because I have to do Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs) today.  You have to take a deep breath then blow as hard as you can and empty all the air out of your lungs and normally it makes me light headed and have coughing fits so its going to be pretty miserable with the inner ear damage.
Gotta run...want to type more, but getting more dizzy so trying to learn to listen to my body better!  Woudl love for  people to call me/ skype me, or read me scripture since I can't read it myself.  Or any other books for that matter!

Fun in the Hospital!!

Clinging to Him!
Rachelle



No comments:

Post a Comment