Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pray for the McCormick Family

Last week I saw a post on facebook that brought memories that are emblazoned on my mind flooding back in a rush.  A family (The McCormick's) that goes to Sovereign Grace in Gilbert lost their son in a motorcycle accident.  I have never met them, but because we went to Sovereign Grace in Tucson and the Christian world can be so small, we have many mutual friends.  Almost 7 years ago, my brother was in a motorcycle accident and its one of those phone calls that you get where you will never forget where you were or what you were doing.  Thankfully, by the grace of God Justin recovered completely, but he was in a coma at first and suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury.  Tears are in my eyes as I write remembering those days and my heart goes out to the McCormick family.  They are remembering Grant's life on a photography blog they have.  Here is the link:  Brie's Blog
The testimony of Jesus in their lives is evident as they are facing this dark valley.  The best news is that Jesus conquered death and they will get to see their son and brother again One Day because Grant's faith and trust was in Jesus Christ alone.  He is in the splendor of heaven where there is no more sorrow or tears or pain or suffering...O for that Day when Jesus will come back for His own and we will be with Him for all eternity.  That is the hope the McCormick's are clinging to and that is the same hope that gets me through the health trials!

Those days in the hospital not knowing if our brother would ever be the same again were incredibly difficult.  There were times when you would ask him a question and he would just look at you and ignore you...its the eeriest thing, but its like his eyes were empty and our brother wasn't there.  Justin has no recollection of the first three weeks after the accident.  I'll never forget when he called me crying saying that he remembered what had happened and it sounded like my little brother again.  Now that I'm crying again, I'll share a funny story from that time...When I was a Senior in High School, Justin was a freshman and I drove us to school every day.  Anyone that knows Justin at all, knows how INCREDIBLY difficult it is to wake him up.  There were times where he would get out of bed, look at me and talk to me then 20 minutes later when I'm ready to walk out the door (and might I add, I HATE being late), I would find him sound asleep in bed.  When he was in ICU and still completely out of it, we were all by his bed and the nurse was doing a sternum rub on him to try and get him to open his eyes for us.  He starts moving and trying to push her hand away and as he does he mumbles, "Shel, stop it. Shel stop!" We started laughing and I was like, "It's not me brother!"  Somewhere in his muddled mind he thought I was trying to wake him up. I'm so grateful to God that he spared Justin's life and we have the opportunity to make more memories...even if he does insist that he's "the perfect child."  ;) Love you so much brother!!!!! 

McCormick family, you will daily be in my prayers!

In the Love of the Lamb,
Rachelle 

                                          This is my sister, Jenny, brother, Justin, me,
                                          and my Mom at Justin's graduation from the
                                          Department of Corrections a couple years ago.
 
                                          This was my Mom and Jus right after the accident
 
                                          Sister kisses...he cooperated this time! ;) 
 
                                                      
                                          During Christmas pictures one year, Jus decided
                                          not to let Mom off his back for a bit.  :)

                                                       This is one of my favorite pictures ever!



                                          He wasn't exactly feeling like being kissed by sister's
                                           this time!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment