Saturday, May 18, 2013

Med #2 Out the Window & Bragging on my Grandma ;)

     They tried running the meds slower so my body didn't get overwhelmed with them, but this afternoon my dizziness increased and I felt tons of pressure in my head and body and my tongue felt weird so the second med is officially out the window.  The hospital doc was going to consult with the pulmonary docs and see what we can come up with.  The infection is getting better, but it needs another med to kick it.  Pray that I won't flare up again in the hours it is taking to figure out what else to put me on...you know how hospitals can be...hurry up and wait.  ;)
    I had a much better day emotionally although I'm still unsteady on my feet and have the med problem.  Having to take thoughts of the future and "running out of drugs" that I can take captive and remember to take one day at a time.  God is still reigning on His throne in the midst of all of this! 

   A tremendous praise is that the pulmonary doc told me this morning of a foundation that helps people with "orphan" or rare diseases like PCD to get meds they need.  There are inhaled antibiotics that are a lot less invasive on my body that could work but my insurance won't cover them because I'm not diagnosed with Cystic fibrosis even though the drug is approved to fight the bug I grow....and its only a mere $5,000 for one month supply.  Oh yeah, we've got that laying around, no problem!  ;)  
   
   Jord is enjoying having time off of work and being able to walk and take naps.  ;)  He hasn't had any chest pain and headaches have been minimal.  A vacation is just what he needed!  We are still hoping and praying I will be able to go home Tuesday, but with the complications I'm trying to prepare my heart to be ready and willing to change travel plans if the Lord asks us to do that. 
     I had a really sweet day hanging out with my Grandma...although for those of you that know anything about horse racing, we are sad that Orb lost the Preakness.  We have a very special bond.  After my Grandpa passed away, us three kids alternated spending the night with her as she had never been alone before.  She had to go to work outside the home for the first time after Papa died as he didn't leave her in a good financial position.  She is one of the strongest women I know.  She has poured herself selflessly into her family over the years...I have fond memories of "helping" her make mounds of sugar cookies, fudge, peanut brittle, russian teacakes, and my personal favorite, cherry cheesecake for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Although she has little means, she still spends hours and hours baking after working a 40 hour week at the young age of 71 and this year I mentioned that Pumpkin Pie sounded really good at Christmas and she made two just for me and my brother to have.  
 
     She doesn't know how to sit still and be served...I've tried to have her over for dinner and she can't resist helping in some way or the other.  She is very crafty and did the decorations for mine and my sister's wedding.  She can also make anything grow and loves to garden.  There is nothing like a fresh tomato from Grandma's garden.  Thankfully she has a soft spot for me and she is ready and willing to share the fruits of her labor.  I know I have thanked her before and we had a wonderful day talking but I just wanted to honor her publicly and thank her for the many memories we have made over the years.  They are precious to me Grandma and I love you so very much!!!!  (She also is probably embarrassed by this because she doesn't like to be the center of attention but quietly serves in the background doing whatever she can to help her loved ones.)  And imagine this...following are some pictures! :)   

Trusting Him,
Rachelle :) 


Getting Grandma to Smile ;)

Wedding Day!

Love her!

  
Christmas at Great Grandpa's with my Aunt Dawn and cousin, Brodie 

No comments:

Post a Comment