Sunday, May 12, 2013

6 Month Hiatus Over :)

     Hello again.  :)  It has been awhile, I know.  The last couple of years have been full of trials for Jordan and I and around October, I started not sleeping well and ended up withdrawing from everyone and everything.  Thankfully, Jesus never leaves us and He has carried me through the darkness of the last 6 months for which I am incredibly grateful.  :)  Lord willing, I will prayerfully give more details of the journey and how God worked during those months, even though I didn't "feel" like anything was "working" or affecting my heart.  For now, I want to try to recap some highlights of what's been going on, and Lord willing get back into regular blogging.  :D

    I left off getting ready for my sister's wedding...the wedding was wonderful and God granted me the energy to do our dance and stay upright for the night.  :)  Kyle just left for a deployment to Japan for 6 months and they are expecting a little one December 12th!!  

    I ended up on a three week course of IV antibiotics at the end of October through the beginning of November and had my gallbladder taken out December 6th between Thanksgiving, our 8th anniversary, and Christmas.  Was a wee bit on the crazy side, but I had no complications and was able to stay out of the hospital and not get an infection afterwards!!

     Jordan has still been struggling with chest pain (heart related) so we are in the process of working with a Cardiologist to see if we can get some answers...the hard part is Jord doesn't have health insurance, which may make it interesting (and expensive!) but so far it hasn't been that bad and he has experienced some relief from the pain with the med they put him on.

    I got to go to Disneyland last week with my friend Hilarie, and her three kiddos.  It was a quick whirlwind trip, but it was lots of fun.  I hadn't been there since I was 6 and didn't remember much, except the fact that I didn't get to go on Splash Mountain because my brother and sister were too little...the things we remember!  We still didn't make Splash Mountain, but I loved the Matterhorn and definitely want to go back and make it to California Adventure to see Radiator Springs!  ;)  We ran by Newport Beach before heading home and got to see Dolphins and a Sea Lion...I love standing looking at the ocean...I always feel so small and am reminded how awesome and big our mighty God is!!  :)     

    I have managed to stay off of antibiotics until a couple of days ago when I landed in the hospital, likely for two weeks to complete the course of IV antibiotics.  I could do it at home, but it is twice as expensive to me if I do it at home, so here I am.  By God's grace, I had wonderful devotions Wednesday morning, meditating on Psalm 143 so when my lung doc called and said, "Ok, we'll admit you this afternoon" I was able to take thoughts captive and God has flooded my heart with His peace and trust.

   God has also worked it out to where we are going to be moving in June.  We are going to rent a townhouse Jord's parent's just bought for the next three years until they move up to the valley when they retire.  I am excited to have our own space again and thankful that we are moving somewhere with a plan to stay longer than a year!  Moving 6 times in the last two years has taken its toll...Wyatt and Toresa have been super gracious this last year and we have gotten along great, but I'm excited to be able to unpack all of our stuff and set up house for the next three years, Lord willing.  This will also give us the opportunity to save for our own place...looking forward to seeing how the Lord is going to work.  :) 

     I think that about brings you up to speed (the super abbreviated version!) on what's happening.  For all those who have been praying for my hospital stay so far, thank you! Last night I was super exhausted and feeling pretty yucky and a friend texted me some verses at just the right time.  I started reading the chapters around the verses and was reading them when my Respiratory Therapist came in to do my breathing treatments and she said the Bible was her favorite book to read and we started talking.  She wanted me to guess what she believed and it didn't take me long to figure out she was a Jehovah's Witness.  She laughed and was surprised at how quickly I guessed.  The Spirit gave me words and verses to share and she thanked me for not being offended at what she was saying and we just kept going to different verses and talking about them.  We both agreed that our argument is not with each other but with God and His Word.  After she left, I recognized how that was ALL God at work in my heart because I was so exhausted and out of it that there was no way I could have coherently thought of verses etc.  :)  He is so good!  I went to sleep and literally woke up at 5:30 having not moved at all...my arm was still even positioned on the heat pack from when they changed my IV last night.  :)  I definitely needed that rest and thankful I was able to!
 

  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!  And the Aunt's and "Spiritual Mom's" that come along side others.  God has been gracious to give me a sweet peace and encouragement in that area.  Thankful two of my dearest friends just became Mom's through adoption!  Enjoy your Day my friends!!  :)  I'm thankful for all the kiddos I get to watch and love on and the ones that call me Aunt/Auntie...thanks for sharing your kiddos!!  :) 

   
  I'm going to sign off for now, but I will probably be writing pretty frequently for the next week and half I have left in the hospital!  :)
 

In His Mighty Grip,
Rachelle :) 










  

     

     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment