Thursday, August 16, 2012

Update on Appointments :)

     It's been a crazy week...after my fall I went from having one doctor's appointment to three.  I just got back from an appointment with my PCP and x-rays of my left hip, back, and shoulder.  They said that all came back good.  They weren't expecting anything to be broken, but I have a super high pain tolerance so to be on the safe side and document everything we did the x-rays. 

   I see my lung doctor tomorrow morning at 10.  I'm not expecting anything abnormal on that front as that all seems to be basically under control for me.  Coming up, I see my ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor, Naturopath/Chiropractor (who I will be seeing much more frequently because of the fall), the second test for the gallbladder that will take 2 1/2 hours, a first appointment with my endocrinologist to start figuring out the Thyroid stuff, fasting blood work for GYN hormone tests, and I should schedule some other things like the dentist that I am long over due for and I would LOVE to get my port out--every time I try to lay on my stomach or a seat belt hits it wrong it reminds me that it can come out--but it is simply going to have to wait at this point.  All these appointments (and probably some more as tests get done and follow-ups are needed, or I come out of appointments with a zillion tests to do before the next appointment) are before the end of August. 

     Appointments pretty much take up my entire day--or leave little room for anything else.  Yesterday I tried doing a few "simple" things like unloading the dishwasher, cleaning up the kitchen counters, putting some BBQ chicken in the crock-pot and a quick trip to CVS to get some new pill containers after a morning appointment and let's just say it led to a major M&M moment.  So today, Jordan was careful to ask me about my day and it's limited to 3 things:  Appointment (which took way longer than I anticipated!), browning the ground turkey I got out two days ago, and organizing our room--in 10 minutes increments with no more than 10 minutes every hour and a nap is a must.  Sounds silly to have to spell it out that much, but my "just one more thing" bug kicks in and the next thing you know the entire kitchen is clean, organized, and a meal is on the table, but Jord comes home to an exhausted, super-emotional wife. 

    So thankful for a hubby that loves me enough to protect me from myself and takes his role as head of the house and protector of me seriously!  Even though we don't like it, we ALL need to be told "No" sometimes, and learn to tell ourselves "No" as well.  :)

    Feel like I have tons more to update, but typing hurts my wrist and arm so I'm gonna have to call it quits for now and go take that nap.  ;)  Thanks for praying!!

In His Mighty Grip,
Rachelle :)

I don't wear the sling all the time,
but when I go out I do, mostly to 
keep people from accidentally touching
me on that side.  :)  And it helps me remember
not to use it too much and it helps support
my arm.  :)  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment