Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Two Tests Down...lots to go...and Tribute to my Momma and my Hubby :)

The ultrasound went well, was able to get the labs drawn and was home by 10.  :)  Had a fun time talking with my Momma.  :)  Even at 28, when I'm sick the two people I want the most is my hubby and my Mom...there is simply no one that can ever replace your Mommy.  Thanks for always being by my side through all the pain and heartache...I know it hasn't been easy because I'll always be your little girl and I was an adventure from 24 hours old...actually scratch that...I forgot she had a tumor on her ovary she had to have removed at 19 weeks (or maybe it was 22 I can't remember) and I was her first child.  I cannot even begin to imagine what it was like to have an emergency C-section then be told that your baby girl was being air-vacced to UMC in Tucson (I was born in Douglas, AZ), and that because of the C-section you weren't allowed to leave.  She left.  My Grandparents drove her and my Dad up in their Motor-home...I spent 9 days in NICU and they never could tell them why.  We wouldn't know until I was 13. (Your cilia are instrumental in drying your lungs out from womb to air...my cilia don't function properly so my lungs were not dried out properly, thus causing the collapse...being a C-section on top of that only added to the problem because God's design has a reason for every little detail.  I recently learned that you get your first dose of probiotics going through the birth canal from your Mom!  The more I learn about the human body, the more amazed I am at our Creator!!)  Mom and I are incredibly close and I'm so thankful God gave me you as my Mom...I love you!!!!!!  Now that I've made my family cry, here are some fun pictures with some great memories from over the years.  :)


I learned young!
 


 Recovering from one of my Tympanomastoidectomies 
(AKA ear surgery)  :) 

 Mom and me at a horse show with Goldy and Red
who have both passed on...God gave us a lot of 
great memories with those two incredibly special 
horses!!!
 
 We had family shirts made with 
"I'm the Mom, I'm the Dad and 
Kid #1 through #5" so everyone could
keep us straight at the horse shows :)
This is one of my step-brothers (we 
are all one big happy family though!) Sheldon,
and my Daddy with my Momma and her 
beautiful smile. :)

 Mom and I in Washington, D.C. for the 
8th grade trip.  She taught at Marana Middle
School for 13 years so we all got to go to 
D.C. with her and Jackie.  :) And our 
awesome bus drivers, Dale and Ted...I haven't
forgotten you and never will!!!  :)

 Mom, Me, Justin, and Jenny at one of 
Aunt Dawn's pool parties.  :) 

 Mom, Me and Jen...was just Mom and
Me, but Jen dove her way into the 
picture which is why Mom and I are 
laughing hysterically!  :)

 Mom and Gold, Jen and Dreamer, and Me and Buddy
in May of 2010...we did a "horsey photo shoot" with 
my good (and very talented friend!) Brad Gill.  :) 

Fun Family picture from a couple
years ago minus the boys.  You can't see it
but it was my bright idea to have us go youngest
to oldest with Jen, Jus, and Me, then Jordan
and Dad after me...I didn't think through the weight
issue and who had to hold who up on the slide!
Aunt Anita is out of the shot holding Jen up so we don't all go 
crashing down...Justin and Jordan are doing their best to hold us up 
while Mom and Dad are just cracking up as we slowly slide down 
the slide as Uncle Frederick snaps the pictures.  :)  

     I will keep you all posted on the results and the next steps and how my heart is doing with the "waiting game" that comes with every test.  Someone wiser than me once told me not to pray for patience because then God will give you lots of practice...I prayed that prayer long ago and I'm still getting practice.  ;)  

     Off to do bits and pieces of the loads of vacation laundry that are clean but not put away, go through my massive "stock up because I got 50% off my Arbonne order", treatments, vitamins, sinus rinse, call hospitals and doctor's offices to pay bills and set up budget payments (yep, they are a rolling in about now!),  and oh yeah...still need to call and make an appointment with an Endocrinologist to get stuff going on my Thyroid so I **might** start making more emotional sense to my hubby again....last night I was exhausted and tired and reality was hitting hard and if he looked at me wrong I just started crying.  At one point, he said, "This does not make sense...you shouldn't be crying right now."  Through my sobs I managed to say, "Juu-uuss-sst reaa-aalii-iiize that I'm noo-oott-tttt going to maa-aaakk-kke sense toniii-iiighttt-ttt...I'm sooo-rrrry honey!."  We prayed and God helped, but it's still a challenging evening when he comes home from an 11 hour work day and just wants to relax and we have to figure out how I'm getting to an appointment on Thursday, what I should and shouldn't do, what our plans for the week are, and that budget thing that we need to stick to...how are we doing with that? and so on and so forth...all in the two hours before 10pm hits and we are both catatonic...well he was already catatonic when he got home but had to "uncatatonicafy"...(yes Tom Massa, I just created my own word!) to help me sort through my crazy emotions.  So thankful for a hubby that loves Jesus and loves me and does his best to "love me as Christ loves the church".  He will say he is horrible at that, but so thankful that his heart's desire is there, and though he may miss the mark like we all do, in striving he loves and treasures me and knows me better than anyone else on this earth...God made him for me and as I messaged him from Sedona when he left a day early, "I'm not me without you!".

 Walking at the Renassaince Festival with 
our dear friends, Jeremy and Jenn several
years ago.  :) 

DA BEARS! Christmas at Great Grandpa's :)

Now I REALLY am signing off to go do some of all of the above!
Rachelle :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment