Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Health Gone Crazy ;)

Well lets just say it's been an interesting week...and it's not even Wednesday yet!  I'm going to try to condense it for now and will explain more later.

  Basically, I'm getting worse instead of better.  My GI pain, nausea, vomiting etc are all increasing and making me exhausted, combined with everything else that is going on (ie: liver, thyroid, lungs, sinuses, ears, yeast infections etc etc etc to name a few).  Sunday morning at church, instead of listening to the Communion message, I was in the bathroom throwing up.  Right now, I get so weak so easily that Jordan had to take me home.  I spent the rest of the day in bed and yesterday was not much different.  The good thing is that I downloaded the YouTube app to our PS3 so I have been watching the Resolved 2012 messages on my nice big TV...there is a plus to your hubby loving electronics!  ;)  Although the last two days have been filled with frustrating phone calls that lead to more hours (yes, literally HOURS) spent on the phone, still with no answer in sight, I would go right back to watching a sermon and my focus was immediately shifted to where it should be and I was thinking of things the way I should be--in light of eternity.  These days are difficult, hard, and long, but THAT DAY is going to be glorious and THOSE days are going to last for eternity!

For prayer:

1) That we could speed up the process and get into tests and doctors sooner rather than later so we can get to the bottom of some things and start moving in a direction of treatment and resolution to some problems, instead of continuing to spiral downward. 

2) Patience and grace for Jord and I and the rest of my friends and family that are close and see the pain and difficulty and the long days and the misery.  God's mercies are new every morning and His grace is sufficient, but we are battle weary and covet your prayers!!

3) Praise for NC doctors!  I called them and they helped me sort through the priorities and are going to call my GI doc here and express the urgency and they helped point me in the right direction again.  

Some of you know that the NC docs recommended I go to an ER if my symptoms continue to worsen and I get no response from doctors in a timely fashion.  Jordan and I have talked to one of the elders at our church who is also in the medical field here in the Valley (cannot express how thankful I am for him!!) and with some resolution from one of my doctors ordering a thyroid test and my symptoms getting a tiny bit better (could be the fact that I'm actually listening to my hubby and only doing something for 10 minutes every hour--or big trouble for me!) we decided the risk of going to ER and exposing myself to more germs and things I really do NOT need right now--not only in ER but in the hospital--is not worth the risk at this point.  We may have to down the road, but for now I'm staying home, resting, resting, resting, resting some more, and so thankful for my church family continuing to bring us meals, pray for us, call, text, email, encourage etc and my family and friends rallying around me as well--we couldn't get through this valley without you!!!  I'll keep you all posted as I can! 

Keeping my Eyes Fixed on Him,
Rachelle :)    

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Rachelle--I am so sorry you are still battling with these symptoms but not a lot of answers. 1 Peter 1 is my "go to" in trials this week...and Ps 94:19...and Ps 62...and...:) I am praying for you, sweet friend!

    Love you,
    Sarah D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I will look those up :)

    ReplyDelete