Thursday, August 2, 2012

GI Appointment Down and off to the Tests

     I REALLY liked my GI doctor...he was personable, he listened, reassured me, and is starting with the least invasive tests and seeing what happens and then on to the more invasive.  Thank you so much for praying...God is so good and so faithful!  Yesterday and even this morning I was a wreck, but I knew lots of people were praying, Jordan was with me for the appointment, and friends and family texted, emailed, and called me with verses and encouraging words and listening ears.  I had to stay at the dealership Jord works at a little longer waiting to sign the final papers for my (oops, OUR...) truck (which makes me smile every time I see it, drive it, or ride in it...living a dream you've waited 15 years for is super sweet!!!) so I left later than I had planned.  But it was definitely in God's plans...on the way home a new song by Kutless came on the radio called "Even If"...the main chorus line is "Even if the healing doesn't come, and life falls apart, and dreams are left undone, you are God, you are good, forever faithful One..."  Wow.  I was driving down the freeway with an arm lifted and tears streaming down my face, but they were worshipful tears.  Yesterday my heart was anything but peaceful.  Even after talking to Jordan last night after we went to bed I just started crying.  He held me and let me cry..the tears subsided and then started all over again.  I got up and got my IPOD to listen to worship music...the tears still came with no sleep.  It was after 1 by the time we finally fell asleep.  I read the Word and prayed and got ready for the appointment.

     Once I was there, the "auto-pilot" seemed to kick in as I filled out paperwork and gave them my insurance card, the stack of records to copy, paid the copay and all the things I've done millions of times in the past.  It was nice having Jord there to lean on...having him there to make the occasional smart-Alec remark to make me smile or just say something random to keep my mind from wandering was exactly what I needed for this appointment.  He knows me so well...God made us for each other and blessed us with meeting young and having the opportunity to spend a lifetime together.  The end of this month will be 10 years ago that we met at a Funtasticks in Tucson for a miniature golf "group" outing which ended up being like a double date...but that is definitely another story for another time.  ;)  Here are the "bullet points" from the appointment:

1) Get the gallbladder checked out.  First is an ultrasound then depending on those results will schedule another test where they inject die and test how the gallbladder is functioning.  

2) Labs to test a bunch of different things including Celiac disease, liver enzymes, and lots of other things that I understand but am not good at translating from medical lingo to layman's lingo.  With the blood work, they want to make sure it's safe for me to do an Endoscopy or Colonscopy since my Vitamin K has been so low.  Vitamin K helps with blood clotting, which is why I have been bruising so easily so if it is too low, it is too risky to do the scopes.  

3) Once we find out all those results, we can determine if scopes, upper, lower, or both are necessary and go from there.  

That's pretty much exactly what I expected and part of what I was letting overwhelm me yesterday.  If you count, there are three separate procedures to start, and then the potential for another visit to the office, one or two procedures, and a visit with the referring surgeon when they figure out what might be wrong.  And that's only if nothing shows up abnormal.  If I get an abnormal anything at the beginning, then that leads to more extensive tests, procedures, appointments etc.  And I still have to make an initial appointment with an Endocrinologist to get my Thyroid checked out.  I'm seeing my Naturopath every two weeks right now, in a couple weeks will re-check with my lung doctor, and still waiting on some test results from my trip to North Carolina at the end of June.  It's enough to wear a healthy person out just thinking about all that.  Then add the fact that Jordan just started a new job where instead of being gone from 8-5 and coming home for an hour lunch, he is gone at least 10 hours a day, most days 11-12, moving three times in the last 6 months (and Jordan had a heart attack in the midst of all that!), my sister getting married, and trying to figure out how to emotionally process all these organ systems and take one step at a time.  Whew.  Oh yeah, and it being "that" time of month makes everything seem 10 million times worse.  And I can't remember EVER being this sick and this physically worn out and exhausted and one complication following another (oh yeah...still need to get my clotted port taken out!), for this long...and it's just the beginning of a long road.  Instead of being overwhelmed this afternoon, God has flooded my heart with His peace that passes understanding...and I believe it's the answer to prayers from all over the world going up on my behalf.  I will leave you with the lyrics to Kutless' "Even If " song.  :)  Click here to play the song and read along below :) 

"Even If"

Sometimes all we have to hold on to

Is what we know is true of who You are
So when the heartache hits like a hurricane
That could never change who You are
And we trust in who You are

Even if the healing doesn’t come

And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn’t come

Lord we know Your ways are not our ways

So we set our faith in who You are
Even though You reign high above us
You tenderly love us
We know Your heart
And we rest in who You are

You’re still the Great and Mighty One

We trust You always
You’re working all things for our good
We’ll sing your praise

You are God and we will bless You

As the Good and Faithful One
You are God and we will bless You
Even if the healing doesn’t come
Even if the healing doesn’t come 

Me and Safari ready for the GI Adventure :)

My heart resting in Him,
Rachelle :) 

             

      

No comments:

Post a Comment