Monday, April 4, 2016

Update 4.4.16

     Hey everyone,
      My body seems to be adjusting to the side effects of Colistin.  Thank you so much for all your prayers.  Yesterday and today I have been able to go for walks again and my sputum appears to be getting a little bit better.  I will find out more details of the plan going forward today.  Yesterday, my liver enzymes had elevated like crazy again, but thankfully they are coming back down again.  The docs are mystified by how they have been elevating for no apparent reason.  However, they started climbing when we started the Colistin--it's not a liver toxic drug, but at the same time, my body reacts in strange ways these days, so my thought is that my body freaked out initially but is adjusting to the side effects now, praise the Lord!

     A HUGE thank you to all who helped Jord and Kerstin move on Saturday!  Thank you to everyone who took pictures and unpacked my kitchen...I'm SO looking forward to going home and getting out of here, but it's a very weird feeling to know I won't be going "home" where home was before but to a new home I have never been to before.  I'm SUPER excited it's within walking distance of Jenny, Jus, Jenn, and Jeremy and my sweet, rambunctious 5 nephews 3 and under!  Everyone says the house is huge and I'm already planning parties and get togethers--I pray that God will use our home for Him and His glory through hospitality...and there is going to be one giant celebrations when I finally get to go home.  Day 35 hospitalized, day 45 on heavy duty IV antibiotics...please pray for wisdom for the docs going forward to know how long to keep me on what and for my Pseudomonas bacteria to take a hike!

     Although it's hard to still be here, God continues to show me His purposes in still being here through getting to know more people here (amazingly I'm still meeting nurses and techs and RT's after 35 days!) and getting to know relatives and friends and family better that I don't always get to hang out with due to the craziness of life.  I've got so many plans to do when I get out that I could probably be busy until the end of the year lol.  Prepping my heart and working on a new type of schedule to try and help me not over do it--I'm praying with God's help I can conquer this area in my life--or at the very least grow in the right direction!  Obviously with PCD it's a progressive disease and I will more than likely get sick again but at the same time, I'm praying I can be a wise steward of my body and do everything in my power to manage my health to the best of my ability.  Thanks in advance for prayers and accountability in this area!

     I'll keep you all posted after I talk to the docs and I've been working on Jord and I's story slowly so that post should be coming hopefully some time this week!

Praising God for His sufficient grace in my great weakness! Trust Him today my friends!
Rachelle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment