Thursday, April 14, 2016

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig :)

     Being home is definitely very different from being in a hospital room...one of the top evidences being the amount of time I have to blog. ;)  It's a very good thing though!  I am planning on trying to do at least twice a week, once I get a new routine established in my new home.  It was definitely very different coming home to someplace I have never been before, but I love the house we are renting--it is such a blessing.  It's interesting having someone else pack you up--although boxes are labeled very well, I am still finding surprises in certain boxes and still haven't found some things that would be really useful, and I'm slowly (with help) rearranging the kitchen to where it will best be used by us.  We aren't there just yet, but looking forward to getting some things on these walls!  

     I didn't realize just how weak I still was until I got home Friday afternoon last week and would get exhausted just walking from living room to bedroom and back again.  I found all those muscles I hadn't used in awhile Saturday morning! ;)  My puppies were EXTREMELY happy to see me and Crash has been my shadow ever since I got home.  She's laying at my feet right now--love my puppy dogs so much.  Health wise, I've been doing pretty good, all things considered.  I'm re-building strength and stamina.  I got to ride my horse for the first time yesterday and he was feeling good and the turkey bucked twice so he obviously knew I was doing well enough lol.  He was acting like he was 2 instead of 22...such joy and sparkle back in my life!  



    I've also been getting lots of nephew time!  I got out the day before Landon's 3rd birthday party, which I was super happy to be able to attend for a little bit since we are so close to their house now.  Hunter called me first thing this morning and asked if he could come over to my house because they've spent a lot of time here.  It's such a blessing being so close to family and friends and little ones that I can enjoy and then send home and rest.  :) 

Happy 3rd birthday Landon!

Hunter and Aunt Shel :) 

Gunner is getting so big!


     I had my first of many doctor's appointments today.  Thankfully I had some down time this week to rest a bit before things get crazy.  While I'm doing so much better, I still have a long way to go.  One of the hardest adjustments has been adding a 4th set of treatments in, permanently.  It seems this last infection was quite the doozy and I'm learning another "new normal".  I'll never forget one of the memes in our PCD facebook group: "My new normal is constantly adjusting to new normals."  With the progression of my PCD and the bronchiectasis now on the right side, it seems things are declining a bit.  My lung function tests would not go above a 74%, no matter how hard I tried, so that appears to be my new baseline, down from 79% last year at this time.  My sputum also seems to be darker and have some more green in it than my "normal" so adjusting to that as well.  My biggest prayer request is that I could get a good schedule established, redeem the time how God wants me to and submit my schedule completely to Jord, and get that 4th set of treatments in.  That has been the biggest challenge to date.  I know once I figure out a routine it will become old hat, it just takes a little more discipline and thinking ahead than three sets do.  :) 

     Speaking of which, I should probably get to those.  Got some other things to do to try and get a meal together tonight.  :) 

    Rachelle :) 

Headed to go ride my horse! 

How Uncle Justin babysits Hunter, or the other way around :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment