Friday, April 8, 2016

Heading Home with Some "Lessons from my Hospital Bed"

     Morning everyone!

     To say I'm excited this morning is quite the understatement!  2 hours and 15 minutes from now, Lord willing, I will be getting into my Mom's car and heading to my new HOME!!!  Not that anyone is counting or anything. ;)  This morning some good friends of ours shared a link by John Piper called "Lessons from my Hospital Bed."  They were our small group leaders when we were at Grace Bible Church in Phoenix, Jeff and Mandy.  Jeff has Rheumatoid Arthritis but has recently had a scare and awaiting results to some very scary and serious tests--the kind that change your life forever.  Please keep them in your prayers, along with their beautiful children, James, Miriam, and Isaac.  One of my favorite stories that Mandy shared one time is about their daughter, Miriam.  She was sick and throwing up and she told her Mom, "Throwing up is the 2nd worst thing in the world Mom!" Mandy asked what the first was, thinking of something physical.  Miriam replied, "Sin is!"  Out of the mouths of babes come incredible truths from God...reminds me of when Jesus calls us all to "have the faith of a child."  

    These "lessons from a hospital bed" are O so true my friends! Praising God I get to escape after 39 days, but LOVE seeing those divine appointments that he talks about in #3 up to the minute of getting in the car and going HOME! Whether it's the lady in the hallway crying who just lost her brother suddenly and her husband might have blood cancer or the military guys that just lost someone. The Granny in the elevator whose 3 year old granddaughter is starting chemo or the cleaning people who need to be encouraged and reminded that their job is important too--in fact I miss them the most when I go home cause the trash doesn't magically disappear there!  #5 reminds us to again have the faith of a child--through the searing pain and cloudiness of drugs, our minds often can't focus or think and simple truths are exactly what we need in these difficult times: 

 “The Lord is my Shepherd.” Period. “Christ gave himself for me.” Period. “I will never leave you.” Period. “Nothing is too hard for the Lord.” Period. “Everything works for good.” Period. These are like white stones with your name on them. And you hold them in your hand as you groan and wait.

     #10 has been my heart cry to the Lord for all of my physical suffering that comes from PCD:

"Pray that none of these hospital hours, none of this pain, none of these fears, none of these relationships, none of this life-altering season will be wasted."

The last 49 days on IV antibiotics and 39 days of being in the hospital have been hard--extremely hard and even terrifying at some points--BUT God who is rich in mercy has carried us through to the other side of this particular valley and praise the Lord I am that much closer to Jesus because of it!  To Him be the glory, great things He hath done! 

To read the entire article Click HERE

 
This PICC line will SOON be gone!!!! :D
smile emotico To Him be the glory great things He hath done!

No comments:

Post a Comment