Friday, January 8, 2016

Dates You Will Never Forget

     Yesterday was a mixture of up and down emotions.  The morning started out with an inquiry about our house...we are preparing to sell to be closer to family, friends, and church for the times when I do get sick so it's easier for others to come alongside of us.  I've watched Mom and Dad T. sell two houses and it is A. LOT. OF. WORK.  We've been praying that God would sell it in His timing and give us wisdom on where He wants us and that we would be content with His plan and not get too set on our own plans because often our plans and His don't look the same.  We met with a long time family friend who is a realtor and made the long list of things that need to be done before we can list it.  I didn't "seriously" pray that God would sell it before we listed it, but it was kind of one of those prayers that's a desire and you REALLY hope it happens, but with the market and the type of house we have etc et al I have been preparing my heart to be on the market for months, that way if it sells sooner, it will be great, but I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if it didn't sell right away.  A couple of days ago there was snow on the mountains and the light was shining just right and I got these awesome photos:






     I shared them on facebook and said that "I'm soaking in this view as we prepare to sell our house."  I know it will be so much easier to be connected and be closer to friends and family and church but I will miss this view so much.  Well, that post generated an inquiry about the house from someone I met in the neighborhood walking over the summer.  Just the thought that someone is interested before we have even organized and decluttered and rearranged furniture and spent money to do little things to help it show better is incredibly encouraging.  I was in Psalms during my devotions after that and texted these verses to some friends:

"May all who see You rejoice and be glad in You!  May those who love Your salvation say evermore, 'God is great!'  But I am poor and needy; hasten to help me, O God!  You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay!" ~Psalm 70:4-5~

I was so excited and praising God that there is the opportunity to potentially sell the house before it even goes on the market.  It would be so like God to do that...and talk about confirmation that we are doing His will!  I texted our realtor and didn't hear back...she then texted and said that she had a serious family emergency.  I called my Mom as they were college roommates and found out her brother had a brain aneurysm last night and he was on a ventilator and not expected to live.  She suddenly lost her sister just over a year ago.  My heart breaks for her and her family.  Shortly after learning that information, a lady Jordan worked with in Phoenix posted on facebook that her niece was in an accident the same night and has a traumatic brain injury and is in ICU and was asking for prayers.  It's the same injury my brother had from his motorcycle accident back in 2006.  Then facebook had memories for me to look back on and it's me asking for prayer for Jordan from when he had his heart attack on January 7th in 2012.  Apparently January 7th is not the best date!  Then I was talking with some other friends and both of their brothers are struggling severely...

      These circumstances have been a reminder of our mixed condition here on this earth.  I am saved through Jesus' death on the cross and thereby freed from the power and penalty of sin, but until I leave this earth I am still in the presence of sin and all its awful, sorrowful consequences.  I long for heaven where I will be finally and forever freed from the presence of sin and where there will be no more sorrow or suffering or pain or any of the horrible things that we have to deal with here on this earth because of sin.  However, in spite of sin, there is much joy to be had here on earth as well.  God calls believers to be the salt and light of the earth and He graciously gives us sweet foretastes of heavens unending delights.  My prayer is that I will steward the time God has given me wisely, loving all those around me with His love, and enjoying every minute with loved ones because tomorrow is promised to no one.  However, because of Jesus, we can know that if our loved ones know Him, it's not "good bye" but "see you later".  

     Suffering is all around us and God uses it to drive us to Himself.  Joni Earekson Tada wrote me a letter last year and reminded me that "our disabilities are like a sheepdog, snapping at our heels, driving us down the road to Calvary where, otherwise, we might not naturally go."  I believe the same can be said of suffering.  It's not easy and its never fun, but we can rest assured that not one nanosecond of our suffering is wasted and God is using it to form us and shape us into the person that He wants us to be.  

     Please be praying for my friends and family and their families and that Jord and I could be salt and light and extend Christ's great love to them in their dark moments and that God would get all the glory for these difficult times. 

In His Mighty Grip,
Rachelle 

One of life's greatest joys...riding my beloved horse Buddy with my sweet nephew Hunter in God's magnificent creation.  
   


No comments:

Post a Comment