Thursday, January 21, 2016

Please Pray for a Fellow PCD Warrior

     Here I am yet again delivering news that I wish wasn't happening.  God is driving me so far past the end of myself right now all I can do is cry out to Him as my "Abba Father" to rest in His everlasting arms and remember that "The secret things belong to the Lord" Deuteronomy 29:29.  On the way home from the funeral for my Uncle George yesterday, one of my PCD friends shared a blog post.  I knew last week she had gone to an appointment to see her transplant team and that it hadn't gone well as she didn't share what came of it....that is until yesterday.  She is my age and just went through surgery for Thyroid cancer and was told at her appointment that she needs to go active--meaning she will be on the transplant list waiting for new lungs.  You can read her Blog Post Here: Living. Not Just Surviving.  My heart breaks for her and her husband.  This hits so close to home because any of us with PCD could all be in this same place some day.

     Last night I was an emotional wreck.  So much has happened so fast and I've been busy and going from one memorial to the next and in between helping friends and my sister with kiddos and I hadn't really had time to really and truly think and process and cry and feel the emotions.  Jord held me as I sobbed on his shoulder--then I turned to some of my favorite "go to" songs when I'm really struggling and cried some more.  Alone yet Not Alone by Joni Earekson Tada and Out of the Depths by Sovereign Grace Ministries were the ones I played over and over last night.

     This morning I felt much better, did devotions, then headed out to watch my friend Jenn's kiddos for her so she could go to a court hearing for one of her foster kids.  It is an absolutely gorgeous day here in AZ and I'm thankful that God is God and I KNOW He knows what He is doing in and through all of these difficult situations I am in and surrounded by.  I'm planning on writing a tribute to Uncle George but I just don't have it in me right now.  Thank you for praying for Rebecca as she prepares to wait for new lungs and for all my family and friends that are walking through these difficulties with me.  I'm thankful for each and every one of you!

Clinging to Jesus with all that I have,
Rachelle


No comments:

Post a Comment