Friday, January 8, 2016

Some of Life's Greatest Joys

     This week has been a really good week.   I got to spend time with my sister and Hunter and help her plan her baby shower.  God has really helped my heart...the last several months I withdrew from her and my other friends that have kids, letting discontentment and the unfulfilled desire for children devour my hope and joy in Christ.  Infertility is the hardest part of PCD for me.  It's been a long 9 year journey and God is not done moulding me yet.  Every time I think I have this area conquered, someone says just the right thing, and I burst into tears, revealing that my heart has once again placed the desire for children above Christ, creating an idol in my heart.  Or it manifests in different ways and I don't recognize it right away and then its like it sneaks up on me.  Sin is so deceitful!  As I've intentionally re-engaged with friends and family with little ones over the last several weeks, those little ones have brought me so much joy!  When my friend Jenn and I were waking up her two year old son, Landon, from his nap, we opened his door and he got up from his bed and got this super excited smile and ran to me arms wide open and leapt into my arms and gave me the biggest hug ever.  It was so precious and sweet to see how excited he was to see Auntie Shel.  :)  Hunter is talking more and more and it's always, "Shel play!".  These memories are so sweet and I'm so excited to meet my newest nephew who is scheduled to be here February 3rd (unless he decides to come sooner...he's already giving Momma contractions.)

     It's been really sweet the last few weeks spending extra time with my sister.  I was living in Montana during this part of her pregnancy with Hunter and in Psychosis the first part of it so I didn't get to enjoy Hunter's pregnancy like I've gotten to enjoy Gunner's.  Over Christmas he was kicking like crazy and I got these really sweet pictures:


     It's so sweet to feel him moving around.  I also got to go to one of her ultrasounds and he was showing some personality and holding his foot up by his ear.  Such a sweet picture of new life!  I'm excited to be here for the birth and see him brand new as I didn't get to meet Hunter until he was 6 months old.  Thanks sister, for sharing your joy with me in a way that no one else can! 

     As she has approached the 8 month mark, I've been trying to hang out with her more and let her rest while I entertain Hunter, the rambunctious 2 year old that tells everyone he is 5.  We went for a ride on Buddy the other day and I got this precious video:


I'm so grateful to be blessed beyond measure with so many wonderful gifts from our gracious God!  Hunter was able to hold the reins the entire ride and I used my legs to guide Buddy...he will be 22 and I will be 32 this spring.  Crazy to remember back to bounding off the school bus to see the horse Mom and Dad brought home for me when I was 13.  Words cannot even begin to describe how grateful I am for Buddy (or Busted as my Dad will tell you....that debate will go on forever!).  He is definitely one of God's greatest gifts to me.



    Crash and Roxy are doing well.  I've started walking them more and they like to snuggle up while I do treatments and devotions in the mornings.  It's amazing how they know it's treatment time and even if I get up to get water or something they patiently lay on the couch waiting for me until the vest stops for the last time.  As soon as I unbuckle that vest, the game is on and they want attention.  :)





    Jordan is loving his job and he continues to be an incredible blessing to me.  We celebrated our 11th anniversary in December and our relationship continues to grow deeper and stronger through Christ.  The fiery trials truly do refine you and make you remember what truly matters--I'm so thankful to God for sending me the perfect husband for me and that I get to do life with him everyday.  







 Joyfully His,
Rachelle :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment