Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hospital Again 2.23.16

     It has been an interesting couple of days.  Friday morning right after treatments I was short of breath and in a lot of pain.  I had a GI appointment at 10:40 and went to that and afterwards decided I needed to go to the ER instead of waiting to see my PCP at 2:20.  Jord got off and brought me to UMC where I was admitted.  We tried starting a low dose of Zosyn and I had a rxn to it by itching all over and my liver enzymes jumped from a normal 25 (50 is high) to 350.  Yes, my body does weird things that shouldn't happen when it comes to medications now.

     We held off on any antibiotics and just did aggressive airway clearance therapy and pain management with morphine.  Monday the docs all talked and it was decided to start a low continuous dose of an IV antibiotic, Aztreonam (IV Cayston), along with an inhaled antibiotic, Tobramyacin.  So far, I haven't had any reactions, praise the Lord!  I saw Pulmonology today and the plan is 24/7 for 21 days.  They will talk with the entire team on Thursday and barring any reactions get me home as soon as they can to finish out the IV's at home.

     We also had a close family friend pass away on Saturday.  Jord has known him since he was 13 and was really close to him so it is hitting him hard.  Please keep his wife and their two boys (they are in their early 20's) in your prayers.  Thankfully he was a believer and we can rejoice that he sees Jesus face to face and that One Day we will see him again!

     I'm heading to bed but will do some more blog posts soon.  I had a wonderful birthday even though it was in the hospital it was filled with family, friends, and lots of pictures, flowers, butterflies, and balloons!  God is so gracious.

     People are asking my favorite question to answer: "You are always so happy...why?"  The only answer I can give is Jesus.  Pray for His Word to take root in their hearts and to draw them to Himself.  God has provided many opportunities to build relationships and for me to meet just the right person at just the right time.  He is so good!

In the Love of the Lamb,
Rachelle :)

P.S. Jord woke up sick today so please pray for his healing too!  He's got a lot on his plate right now.  Thank you friends!

P.S.S. There is a potential for an offer on the house--pray that God's will would be done but that he would make an offer sooner rather than later--our realtor said he is a cash buyer and wants to close quickly which is good and crazy all at the same time so pray for wisdom, grace, and mercy in this crazy season! :)

Here's a sample of the many pics...I'm exhausted so I will do more later.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment