Friday, February 26, 2016

Going Home!! And God's Divine Appointments :)

     Yes, you read that right!  This girl gets to go HOME tonight!!!  I will be on IV antibiotics continuously for the next 17 days, but at least I can do it from home.  I will have lots of appointments this next week with follow ups with my docs etc.  We haven't heard anything on the house as of yet, so still waiting and praying for that.  Jordan is feeling much better--thank you for praying for him!

     I know it sounds like a funny thing to say, but I'm always so blessed in the hospital with constant reminders of God's all sufficient grace and great love and care for me.  From my friend Tammy making sure my PICC dressing got changed, to being able to run things by Aunt Netta and Aunt Dawn, or Judy my home health nurse that retired in Phoenix making sure I was taken care of by the best in home health care.  It really is amazing to see the people God has placed in my life to make sure I get the best care possible.  I even got the phone number of the hospitalist (the doctor who saw me all week) who is due with her 2nd baby in April so that I could see baby pics and I told her I was going to adopt her kiddos too--I'm not sure if she knows how serious I am yet. ;)

     I was walking in the halls a little later than normal today because my Respiratory Therapist (RT) was running late this morning and I had cramps cause I started my period (yep, my body decided to literally throw everything at me this week!) and I couldn't take my normal amount of IB profin because of other things going on.  Anyway, I was walking and this lady was walking back and forth, wiping tears from her face.  I told her I would be praying for her and asked her what was happening--turns out she had just found out her brother passed away and her husband came in with pulmonary hypertension and has neuropathy and they found lesions and he might have blood cancer.  I asked if I could pray for her out loud and she said yes.  I was able to pray with her right there in the hospital hall and we exchanged numbers and I have been sending her my "go to" verses and songs.  I absolutely love how God works!  If my RT hadn't been late or if I hadn't had bad cramps, I would have been in my room eating my lunch and missed being able to connect with her.  Her name is Charlene if you would keep her, her family, and her husband in your prayers.

     Jenn came and met me in the children's waiting room and I walked in and there were a couple guys in Army uniform so I thanked them for their service and talked to them a bit.  Jenn walked in and I introduced her to my new friends.  She laughed and said, "Imagine that, Rachelle making friends."  I love to talk to people and God is using that here.  The hospital, especially the floor I am on, can be a very hard place for people to be--my neighbor has asthma with congestive heart failure, I met another guy with Cystic Fibrosis and there are quite a few CF'ers hospitalized right now.  We all would much rather be at home, but God has us all here at the same time for a reason and a purpose.  It has been my privilege to be His ambassador here--everyone always ends up asking "THE question" that I love to answer, "Why are you so happy when you are so sick?"  Because of Jesus.  It's that simple.  If I didn't know Jesus Christ and know for certain that I will be with Him in heaven One Day, worshipping Him for all eternity I would have no hope.  Yes, I have a heavenly body to look forward to as well, but if there was a heavenly body without Jesus, there would be no heaven.  We can't follow Jesus just for the benefits--they are there and they are wonderful, but Jesus gave His very life on the cross, absorbing God's ETERNAL wrath for my sins and yours and then He rose again, His work complete in bridging the gap between us and a Holy God that has to punish sin.  We can once again be in relationship with the God of the universe who created all things, including us, and desires our obedience and trust.  He loves us so much that He sent His only Son to accomplish that task because not one single human being other than Jesus Christ can live a totally obedient life that is required to repair the broken relationship between man and God.  It is for this Jesus that I live my life and the reason that I can be joyful in the midst of the difficult circumstances of the last week.

To Him be the glory, great things He hath done!
Rachelle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment