Friday, February 12, 2016

Health Update 2/12/16

     Hey everyone!  So things have been pretty stable and I've been feeling really good and been doing a lot....well A. LOT.  That happens when you feel good you tend to over do and it's something I know about myself and pray for help in but one area I have not conquered yet.  My BAHA post got infected last week and I started out using Melaleuca oil and Arbonne's gelee which have helped clear it up in the past but it got worse instead of better, so I called my ENT and they called in an bactroban ointment.  Still didn't do much, so I saw the ENT today and not only was my post infected but my left ear was infected and had lots of junk in it.  So I am now on a new to me antibiotic (Clindimyacin for all my medical friends) and ear drops.  Since all my adverse reactions, new antibiotics always make me leery now, so prayers for peace and no adverse reactions would be appreciated!

     Yesterday I established care with a GI doc and I absolutely LOVE him.  I went in because my reflux was worsening and having a hiatal hernia with all my coughing isn't a good combo.  He explained that my nausea/vomitting in the morning that has been going on for YEARS was probably due to night time reflux.  He said some people don't get woken up by it but it sits in the esophagus and makes you nauseous in the mornings....um that would have been nice to know about 10 years ago.  Oy!  Secondly, he also mentioned Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth or SIBO.  This condition can happen when your normal flora of your gut and intestines gets out of balance---um have mine ever been in balance???  I did pass the breath test, but I have some research to do and some more questions to ask as diagnosis appears to be controversial and even if I do get diagnosed with it officially, the treatment options aren't really fun.  However, there are diet modifications that seem to help relieve a lot of the symptoms so I am going to be looking into that and see if modifying my diet can help with both the reflux and my other GI symptoms, whatever they may be called.  Food has always been a hard thing for me as it was the one area that "it didn't matter what I did".  I've known as I've gotten older and more and more complications that nutrition is the building block for helping your body, but for me it has always been about making the time to meal plan etc on top of all the other things I have to do on a daily basis for my health.  By itself it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but when you add dietary restrictions on top of all the other things I already have to do on a daily basis, it can get overwhelming.  However, the time has come to get more serious about it and dive in.

     My sweet friend Jenn had her birthday yesterday so we had a great day having lunch at the park even though it was HOT in the sun--gotta love February in AZ!  They got their adoption certificate for their youngest foster guy so the court date should be right around the corner--it is SO exciting!  Once he is officially a Panknin forever, you can be sure I will flood a post with pictures over the last 10 months.  :)  My sweet nephew Gunner Lee Campbell arrived on February 3rd so I've been spending lots of time helping my sister--look for a post coming with lots more pics and stories but here are a few. :)  I've also gotten to ride a lot and spend time with my "Old Man" Buddy.  :)  Nothing like the bond between a girl and her horse!

Horse Selfie! :) 
     I am going to slow down and have some "Turtle Days" over the next several days and help my body recover so I don't super crash like I did last year.  What helps is I remembered my Dad gave me two awesome horse books at Christmas that I had totally forgotten about--the one I'm starting now is about Equine Therapy with stories of horses helping people to heal from things like PTSD when talk therapy and pharmaceuticals failed.  God's gift to us in horses is immense and I'm excited to dive in and learn more about one of my passions!  Have a happy weekend everyone!



Auntie Shel meeting Gunner for the first time! 



Hunter is a great big brother! 

Driving the jeep while Mommy was still in the hospital. 



Treasured friends...Happy Birthday Jenn!

Soon you'll be able to see that adorable face hiding below! :)

Candy's hubby, Tom recently had hernia surgery so I ended up staying overnight with the boys while he was at the hospital and there was lots of fun to be had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment