Thursday, July 31, 2014

Unending Grace

Unending Grace

Fighting for faith,
In moments like these,
Wondering if we’ll have the strength,
To keep on keeping on,
One step, one breath at a time.

There’s times in life that seem like one step forward,
But ten steps backward,
Reeling, spinning out of control,
Lord where are you?
 I need you!
Please, my heart and my soul cry out,
How much more can I take?

But alas, I remember the Gospel,
The stakes oh so high,
Jesus pouring His heart out to the Father,
“Lord let this cup pass, nevertheless, not my will but Yours be done.”
The King of Kings and Lords of Lords,
Humbled to the point of death on a cross,
A death He did not deserve,
Bearing the wrath for my sin and yours,
Slowly, slowly suffocating to death…

My mind wanders off again,
Careening out of control,
With questions, what ifs, and whys,
Pleas thrown towards the skies…
Does He really hear?
Does He really care?
Does He really understand?
Is He really near?
Will He carry me through and keep me until the end?

My feelings can go reeling,
Questions without answers,
Prayers without end,
Life seeming to make no sense,
Just one trial after another after another,
Wave upon wave,
Storm upon storm…
Lord, please take this thorn,
“My child be still, my grace is sufficient for you…
For my power is perfected in weakness”


O Lord, I am so weak,
So frail,
Barely able to lift up my head,
Let alone run the race that You have set before me…
This valley is so deep,
That mountain so high,
How can I possibly carry on?
What is the purpose in all of this?

So many questions,
So few answers,
But I have to keep breathing,
Taking each day second by second at times,
Crying out to the One who sustains me,
Loves me,
Died for me,
And WILL complete the work He began in me,
No matter how hopeless a day may seem,
He still reigns on His throne,
A throne of grace,
Unending grace poured out for you and me.

Rachelle Thomas  


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Rachelle. I'm sorry the days are so hard still.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why I didn't get notified, but just saw this. Thank you :)

      Delete