Monday, July 7, 2014

Been Awhile :)

     Wow, it has been awhile since I last wrote.  So much has happened...that cold/virus thing lasted for two weeks but thankfully I was able to make my scheduled flight to AZ to meet my nephew and see friends and family.  :)  The two weeks flew by and there were many people I still didn't get to see and then we moved my sister-in-law up here.  Mom and Dad T. were here for two and a half weeks and they helped us get Kerstin all settled and do some projects around the house.  While they were here Jordan had some training out of town and I was able to go with him so we were gone for another 4 days.  Got back and two days later I flew back to AZ to get my horse up here with my parents.  After a lovely delay of taking 3 hours to get Buddy in the trailer we were on our way and arrived this last Thursday and ended up going non-stop getting a shed converted to a shelter for him, along with a corral, and a fence around the property we are renting that the dogs can enjoy.  It is SO refreshing to be able to let the dogs out and not scream my head off at them to come back and watch as Roxi heads towards the highway we live nearby.  

     Parents are an incredible blessing...and having back-to-back parent visits we got a LOT of projects done.  So incredibly thankful to them for their hard work and energy and continuing to push until the project is done so things are easier for us when they head back home.  :)

     It's such a blessing to have Buddy here...it really hasn't sunk in yet.  I also have been going, going, going, and I re-read my last post and it was a good reminder for me that I really DO need to slow down and get some rest the next couple of weeks so I avoid that "PCD Hangover" that is no fun.  :)  

     I'm looking forward to this next season of life to see how God will use my passion for horses for His glory--He is already beginning to answer that prayer as a friend from church is an Occupational Therapist and there is a place in town that she volunteers at or wants to volunteer at that uses horses for therapy and she wants to learn about horses so I invited her out to share Buddy and my knowledge and love of horses.  It's pretty amazing because ever since I was 13 when I got Buddy, one of my life long dreams has been to have a ranch/stable with horses and a therapy type program for children and adults alike with special needs/disabilities or even those who just need a change of scenery and refreshment.  Within three days of bringing him up here, God is opening a door for me to help in that area indirectly and for that passion and desire to show others the love of Christ through the amazing animals He has created to glorify Himself.  I am in awe and so thankful that my prayers are being answered!  

  Will update more later and continue to write but in the meantime here are some pictures from my June adventures.  :) 




















































































No comments:

Post a Comment