Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lord Willing, Will be Posting More Regularly :) For Real ;)

Anger...something immediately pops into all of our heads when we hear that word...if you have lived any length of time on this earth at all, you have had many experiences and you can find a lot written about it in the Bible...my favorite, go-to Book....but you if you have read this blog for anytime, you probably caught on to that pretty quickly.  :)  

There is SO much going on in my heart in regards to this topic and many of my closest friends and family, (especially Jord) have experienced the "wrath of Rachelle" in ways I wish I could take back...but that's usually how sin goes...as words, emotions, etc tumble out of my mouth in the midst of this storm I'm stuck in, as I've apologized to people and asked for forgiveness as times and situations allow, I joke around that I'm just like Peter, the "Apostle with the foot-shaped mouth" or Paul--all in or all out...one day he was killing Christians and the next Annanias' is being called to go put his hands on Saul to heal him from blindness who became the Apostle Paul...I can only IMAGINE what might have gone through Annanias' mind, but Scripture records some of it for us in Acts, But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he did to Your saints at Jerusalem; "You want me to go to WHO??  He'll take my head right off!  (Saul Meets Jesus on the Road to Damascus)  Anyway, suffice it to say, there has been much emotion in my heart as there are so many emotions I am dealing with and anger has never been one that I have dealt with or really KNEW what to do with as a Christian, so I always ignored it or "disguised" it as something else....

I'm not sure how I want to write this and I want to protect those that would rather not have their lives thrown into the public realm and I very much want to simply share MY heart and what I am learning.  I am an "open book" type of person so it's hard for me to remember that there are people in this world that keep a lot of things private...like the guy I'm married to.  :) He doesn't mind me sharing my story and by extension, part of his but sometimes when you are trying to share what's going on in YOUR life in a particular area within relationship, it is very difficult to walk through and be discerning on what to share, how to share, or if you should even be having that conversation with the person you are sharing with...As for me, I'm discovering, part of my way of dealing with all the hurt, pain, anger, and emotions is the thought that if I get damaged from meds or the wrong tests and have to be a "trailblazer" of sorts, I might as well make the world a better place for those that come after me.  To do that, I have to "come completely clean", and have no issue with telling the world all of my health challenges--simply to help the world understand--if possible--what it can be like on a daily basis living with a chronic illness. My enthusiasm for everything wants that to happen over night, but the world doesn't work that way--and especially my health etc but then I feel more rules/constraints/etc which makes me more angry at my limitations and round and round we go!  

So there will be a lot more to flesh out in the coming days, months, etc, as because of my eyes I can't type on the computer without getting sick because it's too bright which then becomes "another take away".  So, I need to get going but want to leave you with the Bible verses God is using to calm my heart and some songs, and of course a picture or two.  Would love prayers for patience on my heart as forgiveness happens, relationships mend, my brain heals, the test results come in, and ultimately that Jordan and I would continue to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and put one foot in front of the other...that's all we can do and that's all that matters!  

In His Mighty Grip,
Rachelle :) 


Micah 7:18-19 

 Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity
And passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession?
He does not retain His anger forever,
Because He delights in unchanging love. 

 He will again have compassion on us;
He will tread our iniquities under foot.
Yes, You will cast all their sins
Into the depths of the sea.


Ecclesiastes 7 

 3:Sorrow is better than laughter,
For by a sad countenance the heart is made better...

5: It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise
Than for a man to hear the song of fools...

7: The end of a thing is better than its beginning;
8-10: The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry,
For anger rests in the bosom of fools.

Do not say,“Why were the former days better than these?”
For you do not inquire wisely concerning this. 



Casting Crowns: Voice of Truth 

Love Letters, Joshua Miles (from our church!!!!)  

I'm Still Yours, Kutless 







Looking like one of my new favorite restaurants called Rumbi Island Grill....Jord and I went with friends from church then Mom T. and I went and had Dago or "DA to the GO" take a picture (not this one) and turn our Monday into Friday.  ;)

Discovered Starfish Mate for life...so we started calling each other "My Starfish" :) Well, I did anyway! :)
Portillo's for the win!  Jord's birthday lunch...I was so exhausted from my super yucky test that morning, but wanted to make his birthday as "normal" as possible.


 

2 comments:

  1. You both look like the absolutely healthiest couple in the universe. I like the beard. The little dogs are so so cute. Rachelle, you are a healthy looking woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just spoke words that I am constantly praying how to respond to... "invisible illness" is SO difficult to live with for many reasons. I did a blog post entitled something along the lines of "Well you LOOK great!" last summer in an effort to express my personal feelings on the topic and help others understand. If you google "The Spoon Theory" that also may help you understand. I know most people that speak those words are simply trying to encourage me, but there are times when those words are used in an accusatory way to question whether or not I'm really sick. Even recently, one minute I can be on my horse, the next I'm about ready to pass out because I "turned off too many warning fires" and the next thing I know I'm toast.

      As a Christian living with chronic illness, one of my prayers is that God will use this cursed PCD that I despise at times for His glory...there are SO many times I have gotten to share the Gospel because people generally ask, "Why are you so happy when you are so sick??" Or they say something a long the lines of, "You sure would never know you were tired" (Shirley in the sewing store yesterday as my sister and I picked out fabric for me to work on a blanket for my nephew!!!!!) I was so over tired at that point, I needed the cart to lean on, I was shaking, nauseous, etc. I'm praying about finding the balance of taking pictures of the "hard moments"...you don't usually take pictures of someone "tossing their cookies" or getting an IV or blood drawn etc so those things can be deceiving....anyway, sorry to my long response to your seemingly "simple" comment but as you can tell, you hit one of my "pet peeve" buttons. :) And since I don't know who you are, I have to respond on here. ;) Praying I simply helped you understand me a little better. :)
      Rachelle

      Delete